1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have no clue about wheels.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by blackonwhite, May 8, 2010.

1. May 8, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    blackonwhite

blackonwhite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 white tacoma black 17' ssr wheels
    Ok. i HAVE to buy a new set of wheels. I just bought new tires like a week ago and just found out one of my wheels is cracked. I would like to use the new tires on what ever i get. The tire size is 215/65 R17. How do i know what size wheels i need to use these tires. obviously 17 inch. but what about width and other specs.

2. May 8, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    crazybayman

crazybayman Oh 'eah

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 4.0L V6 Access Cab Standard
    AutoStart, Sirius Satellite Radio, 16x8 Moto Metal 955s, 265/75/16 Duratracs, Fog Lights, Skid plate
    Pretty sure any 17" rim will do. Most seem to be any where from 8" to 9" wide, which will fit any 17 in tire.

Just be wary of offsets. The smaller the offset number, the further out it'll stick. For instance, if you have a stock offset of 15 mm, and the offset of your new wheel is 0 mm, it'll stick out further. Likewise, if its a -12 mm offset it'll stick out further. If the new offset is 22 mm, it'll be slightly further inside the wheel well. Of course, sticking further out, or further in is fine, it all depends on personal preference.

Sweet, you now have an excuse to get new wheels! :bananadance::woot:

3. May 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    Any 17 will not do. Pay attention to the backspacing, but also the lug pattern. Do you have a 6 lugger or a 5 lugger? I'm sure you can find the exact pattern somewhere on this site, but check and re-check that your choice will fit. People have cheap stock rims for sale on here all the time.

EDIT: Just looked at your gallery, make sure you're only looking at 5-lug rims

4. May 9, 2010 at 5:11 AM
    crazybayman

crazybayman Oh 'eah

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 4.0L V6 Access Cab Standard
    AutoStart, Sirius Satellite Radio, 16x8 Moto Metal 955s, 265/75/16 Duratracs, Fog Lights, Skid plate
    Right.....forgot to mention about the backspacing and lug pattern. Thought that went without saying.

5. May 9, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Since I am also a tire and wheel noob: backspacing?

Products Discussed in

To Top