1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

head unit wiring problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by The tacoman, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Dec 23, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    The tacoman

The tacoman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD
    I have the Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD with the axxess aswc and the parking brake bypass installed in my truck. Everything works fine when my headlights or parking lights are on. If I turn them off the radio just starts scanning channels, or if Im watching a DVD it will start rewinding through the channels also. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but when the headlights are on the screen is not as bright because it "thinks" it is dark. I am sure it is something very easy, but does anyone know what I might have connected wrong?

2. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Did you use the Pioneer to Toyota wiring adapter (same question for the ASWC) or did you wire yourself?

If the latter then it seems most likely you connected a wire wrong, you will have to do an R&R to verify each one (sorry).

As to screen brightness with headlights on, AFAIK there is no easy way to defeat the system from turning down screen brightness only at dark (would require adding in some sort of illumination sensor).

3. Dec 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    The tacoman

The tacoman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD
    Yes I used the Pioneer to toyota wiring harness, I think I did switch a few wires around now and it seems to be working fine when I don't have the Axxess ASWC plugged in, but I think I have it hooked up right just need to reset it. I can't get it to reset though. I have held down the reset button for between 2 and 10 seconds, but it won't even try to reprogram (no lights flash). I am probably doing something really basic wrong, but haven't had much of a chance to mess with it as the inlaws are in town for Christmas.

Products Discussed in

To Top