1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

headers.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by red neck toy, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    red neck toy

red neck toy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    im considering getting headers. i was wondering what are the best ones for the money. i dont wanna empty my wallet on them but i also want ones that are gonna perform good.
    also should i get long tubes or short tubes. ik with the long tubes i lose my front cats is there anything i need to do so i dont set of the CEL.

2. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    URD makes some O2 simulators that will prevent that. Call them they can point you in the right direction very helpful.

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    dgalleon

dgalleon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab LB
    TRD CAI, Flowmaster 40 series, 6" Fabtech Lift, Dirt Logic rear shocks
    whats the difference with the long tubes and short tubes? performance? sound?

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    i think the difference is the cat deletes on the long tube therefore you have no cats and throw a CEL, correct me if im wrong

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    red neck toy

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    if anyone has any recomendations on headers id really appreciate it.
    i gotta get back to work tho my lunch break is over lol.
    ill check back in later.

6. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
  7. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    c0astie31

c0astie31 TACO SUPREME

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Long Island ny
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner Trail Edition
    A LOT
    long tube like other say you need a o2 sim from urd, gadget can chime in, but i got mine from him, install was easy, sound and power with my supercharger is insane, i am very happy with them.

8. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    The long tubes are bolt on, remove the front cats and require a O2 sim to keep from throwing cel, the LT are better for top end power but you will lose a little down low = LT better for wide open screaming.

The shorties require you to cut the OE exhaust manifolds from the front cats and weld the shorties to the cats, so no need for O2 sims, shorties wont give you as much top end power but will give you power increase down low I think the dyno I saw said they come on around 2-2500 rpms so for most of us probably more usable everyday power.

Hope that helps I have been thinking about DT LT's for a while but I tow and am afraid any lose down low would be too much for me, will probably get some shorties and avoid messing with O2 sims and killer tree huggers.:)

9. Feb 3, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    red neck toy

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    yeah i dont wanna lose any lowend. thats actually what im trying to gain.
    i think im gonna go with the shorty's. if i run headers and keep my straight dual exhaust that i have will i lose power? i considering a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out. would that sound good?

Products Discussed in

To Top