1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight anger!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 08blacktrd, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    08blacktrd

08blacktrd [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 Black Rugged Trail TRD PreRunner SR5
    285/75/R16 Pro Comp Mud Xtrems, 5% window tint, Daystar leveling kit, Pro Comp add a leaf, mud flaps removed, BHLM, N-Fab steps
    So I bought some black headlights a while back and I finally got around to swapping out the crappy bulbs that came with them. Well as I'm sure you know Toyota put a torture contramption in for the headlamps. Well with the stock headlight assymbly they are easy to swap out. But with the headlights I bought they were tougher for some reason, but I got them out. But the tricky part was putting them back in and when I did the hook holding the clamp in on my right headlight BROKE!!!! So needless to say I was thankful I saved my stock headlights. But now I'm stuck rolling stock once again till I can convince the wife to let me buy another set, maybe angel eyes?!??!!? LOL One can dream. Just wanted to share my frustration with all of y'all. And maybe y'all will have some ideas on what I should do next for my headlight problem............

2. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    08blacktrd

08blacktrd [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    285/75/R16 Pro Comp Mud Xtrems, 5% window tint, Daystar leveling kit, Pro Comp add a leaf, mud flaps removed, BHLM, N-Fab steps
    No ideas????

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    3" Pro Comp Lift 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Grill Badge White Key Fob Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod 30% Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft with White Toyota Emblem Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Tinted Fog Light Covers Black Fog Light Surround Powder Coated Short White Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake
    Sorry to hear that man. You should get a nice set of Halos or keep the stock lights, do the black headlight mod and throw HID bulbs in :cool:

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Does that have the v6?

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Westfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, Add-a-leaf, Bilstien 5100's, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Kenwood 350 watt amp, stickers, Better Built toolbox, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 33x12.5x17 General Grabber AT2, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, BHLM, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro Dry-S drop in filter, diff breather mod
    x2 on BHLM!! :D

5. Jul 15, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    08blacktrd

08blacktrd [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    I just found some BHLM with hid bulbs in them on eBay. Thinking about it...

To Top