1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Bulb Replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Johnson8537, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dec 23, 2007 at 11:21 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    Ok Guys... I asssume it is easy to replace the lights but have not tried yet.. On my way home tonight my drivers side low beam went out.

It looks like everyone is running an h4 for the headlights? Does it do both High and Lows?

Also does anyone have DIY on replacement? Does the headlight have to be removed or just the bulb? I did a search and didn't find much.

Also lastly what bulb do you guys recommend?

thanks in advance:D

2. Dec 23, 2007 at 11:38 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    Its easy to remove and put a new one in.
    Pop the hood, pull out the big round black rubber backing to the headlight bulb. Unplug it too. You might not be able to see it, but feel around as theres a clip that hold in the bulb.. its just a shaped clip that you can pop open by squeezing. Take the bulb out, put the new one in, clip it, plug it, and put the rubber backing back on. It's pretty simple.

3. Dec 23, 2007 at 11:40 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    Luminics bulbs are by far the best. www.luminicsusa.com

Dont know what color you're looking for, but they had two shades of white, blue, purple, and yellow.

They're great lights, I have white heads and blue fogs. Thinking of getting some blue headlight bulbs. I'll sell you my Luminics Hyper White H4 headlight bulbs if you're interested. They've been in since the beginning of November.

4. Dec 23, 2007 at 11:57 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    Thanks... but i will be trying to find something local... just because it is already out... I don't wan to drive around with my highs on... or with a burnt out bulb...

5. Dec 24, 2007 at 12:37 AM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    To get it fixed quick over the holiday, just get a standard 55/60 H4, but if they are hard to find, a 9003 is a match also.

6. Jun 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    donaldkeithjohnso

donaldkeithjohnso New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    how you you replace the fog light bulb havent tried yet?

Products Discussed in

To Top