1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Restoration Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Mellow, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mar 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    Mellow

Mellow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Ext Cab SR5 4-Cyl Prerunner
    I asked some suggestions to clear up my Mom's 99 Tacoma and got a lot of great responses here.

I decided to give the Walmart kit a try.

Below, you'll see what the package looks like and it's contents.

Also, you'll see before and after pics.

There was basically 2 types of sandpaper, not sure what grit they were. As well as CV-1 which appeared to be some liquid polish. CV-2 appears to be some type of wax or coating that goes on last. I used to work at a Target when I was in high school and we'd buff the floors then put a white milk-like wax on the floor, this stuff smelled just like that - sorry, it's been a few years and I don't know what that stuff was called.

The package does now state what is specifically in the packets so I don't have a lot of info.

The outcome is satisfactory in my opinion.

IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG

2. Mar 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM
    Mellow

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    6th picture

IMG_0619.JPG

3. Mar 16, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    B.F.E., NY
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DC SB 6SPD
    Bestop canopy, hood struts, relocated 7-pin, 3" Toytec spacer/AAL, 265/75 16 Yokohama Geolander ATS, Hi-Lift mounted in bed, fog light mod, turn signal mod, locker mod, driver seat mag light mount, step bars, reinforced tailgate, ABS kill switch, black grill surround, bed lights, Brute Force front
    Thanks for the info! I saw that stuff a while back and wondered if it was worth it. My 98 Corolla could sure use it! It's lights are almost yellow now.

4. Mar 17, 2008 at 4:36 AM
    Mellow

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    Well, it was about $20... so, not sure if it was worth it as the headlights weren't as bad as I thought they were. Many mentioned on the other thread that just the right sandpaper and some elbow grease would do good. I wish I knew the contents of everything that was supplied but odds are, if they didn't put it there it was because it was basic stuff you could get a lot cheaper.

Sometimes, I'm just lazy, so this was fine with me. I'm satisfied with the results. I just wish I'd thought about it earlier but I should have done her sig and tail lights as there was plenty of stuff in the bag for the whole vehicle. I would have only done the lenses that had internal bezels. Her front parking lights have a textured bezel on the outside.

To Top