1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlights!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 707tothe907, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Nov 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 [OP] Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    What type of headlights should I get? I want quality, plug and play, brightness (not HID status). Any brands I should look into in particular? Or any brands to stay away from? Any input is helpful thanks.

2. Nov 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    willard417

willard417 Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
    alpine head unit, removed secondary air filter, 18" XD Rockstars. 285/60/R18, 3" OME 884/AAL OME shocks all around.
    The brighter they are the faster they burn out. Just remember that when you're dishin out $50 every couple months.

3. Nov 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    just bite the bullet and retrofit. i was looking at some of the plug and play projector lights as well and i was steered away from them due to sub par materials and light output that in most every case is less than the stock setup. its your money but i think it would be better spent just doing a retrofit i'm waiting for my stuff to come in the mail as we speak.
    check out the cut offs on some of these pnp lights they are horrible looking then look at some of the other guys who have done a true retrofit its a huge difference. i know that you said that you didn't want hid status but if you want brighter lights than what your truck came with i think that you will ultimately be disapointed with the pnp's out there.

4. Nov 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 [OP] Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    The only projectors I've seen for a first gen are horribly expensive, and i'm not sure about retrofitting a first gen.... I'm just looking for bulb information. But thank you for your help.

5. Nov 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    try clearcorners.com they are a high end custom light shop bt they also have a ton of knowledge and sell bulbs. ask him about the infrared reflecting bulbs if i remember correctly for my friends honda civic they where only like 25 bucks for a set and they where way better than any other bulb i have ever seen. i'm just unsure if the taco can accept a bulb like that.

6. Nov 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    clearcorners.com under lighting faqs tells you all about the hir bulb technology and it looks like they sell bulbs that will work for the tacoma. these bulbs require less power and create less heat while improving the life span of the the bulb itself and increased light output. i hope this helps they will not break the bank they will last and they provide more light than what you have now. stay away from pepboys blue bulbs they are shit try these i have heard very positive things about them. this is one case where the brighter bulb does not burn out faster and also creates less heat and draws less power.if i did not go the retrofit route i would have bought these from cc.

Products Discussed in

To Top