1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated leather installed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BLKTRD6SP, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    krans

krans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Huntington beach/ West min duh
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport mall crawler
    Icon extended travel with resi front and rear,Camburg UCA, All pro standard leaf pack, Fogs anytime, General grabbers AT2,Custom stainless steel brake lines,bed box, Bestop soft top,50' light bar, amber rigid pods,CBI ditch mounts with LED pods,TRD intake,Anti dark hoodlights/rock light/LED whip,FX-R retros and Gibson catback..more mods to come
    Wow thats some great work props to the both of you!

2. Jan 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    sixdoubleseven

sixdoubleseven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    14 DC 4x4
    Ahhh yes. Sorry, I didn't realize it was an auto.

3. Feb 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    glandnut

glandnut Reserve Squirrel Hair

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16' 4Runner TEP, 01' Ext cab 4x4
    secret stuff.
    Totally have a boner to put leather in my truck. That black and red is tight. Anyone have some shots of what the back of the rear seats look like? Or are the stock backseat plastic panels still reused?

4. Feb 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    grammy

grammy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    4x4 v6 X-Cab
    The stock plastic back panels are reused.

5. Aug 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I have found my next mod.... Thanks for posting this.

6. Mar 11, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    beanZnMyTaCo!

beanZnMyTaCo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    beanZ!
    sj, CaLi
    Vehicle:
    DoPe!
    >:-)
    now i dont know if i want WO's now! damnit! the black/red is so SIC, how do ya'll think that would look with my white truck?

7. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    BarefootBandit

BarefootBandit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TC UCA OME 884 5100 TSB+AAL 4.10 V6 6spd 285/75/16
    Now you should get your shift boot and steering-wheel to match the leather.

Can you take a picture of your truck with the windows down? I would like to see what the leather looks like from a "people walking by" view.

8. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    BLKTRD6SP

BLKTRD6SP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Crane Lake Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 Black TRD 6 Speed
    2 way remote start,3M rockguard
    Funny you should ask, I tried to put my window down today to talk to someone and it was frozen shut! If we ever get out of this -30c shit I will.
    Also I've been looking into ordering the shift boot and center console cover from Redline but not sure if their leather is going to match. I may have to order a sample pack from them.

9. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Chris, Tim, I have the 6 speed trans and want to relocate my heated seat switches to the console. I see both of you guys were able to do it. I had taken my truck to a local shop to see if it could be done and they gave me a lot of BS about needing the wiring diagram to see if it could be done. Needeless to say they will never get a recommendation from me. Anyway what did you have to do to install the switches to the console. I was afraid there would not be enough room for the switches untill I saw your installs. I know I will have to extend the wiring to reach the console, but how did you run the wires? Did you have to take the console out or did the top of the console just pop off?

10. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    I read on here Katskins either stopped or don't make leathers for our trucks....their website doesn't mention Tacomas...what gives?? Pretty obvious they do...my dealer even mentioned them to me

11. Mar 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    BLKTRD6SP

BLKTRD6SP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Crane Lake Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 Black TRD 6 Speed
    2 way remote start,3M rockguard
    I just ran the wires from the seats under the console to the switches then up past the shifter to the dash then over to the fuse panel. Can't remember if I had to add any length to the wires (I don't think I did)
    And the console has two bolts in the bottom that you can unbolt and take out then the cup holder part can also just pop off if you pull up on it.

12. Mar 12, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    CRIMAR30

CRIMAR30 2016 TRD SPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SPORT ACCESS CAB
    I have the Katzkins on my 2009 DC.

13. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Thanks Tim. I will look into taking the console out then see about running the wires.

14. Mar 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    bdank582

bdank582 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    redwood city ca
    want to buy a 2013 tacoma double cad 4x4 when i retire.. in 15 months... I just retire now i want the Tacoma BUT i want 8 way adjustable seats?
    Heated "heated, leather, electrically adjusted seats"
    Anyone have an idea where i can find a shop or pro in the northern calif Bay area to install ""heated, leather, electrically adjusted seats". I know the tundra has it all, But that not what i want.. I intend to buy a 2013 fully loaded Tacoma 4x4, short bed 4 door truck in 2013 , 15 months before i retire so i am ready to buy the best 4x4 fully loaded Tacoma.. BUT i want these seats, so any suggestions would be great.

15. Mar 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    bdank582

bdank582 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    redwood city ca
    want to buy a 2013 tacoma double cad 4x4 when i retire.. in 15 months... I just retire now i want the Tacoma BUT i want 8 way adjustable seats?
    Heated "heated, leather, electrically adjusted seats"
    Anyone have an idea where i can find a shop or pro in the northern calif Bay area to install ""heated, leather, electrically adjusted seats". I know the tundra has it all, But that not what i want.. I intend to buy a 2013 fully loaded Tacoma 4x4, short bed 4 door truck in 2013 , 15 months before i retire so i am ready to buy the best 4x4 fully loaded Tacoma.. BUT i want these seats, so any suggestions would be great.

16. Mar 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    atalladega

atalladega Well-Known Member

Member:
    Citrus Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab, 4x4 TRD off-road
    Looks great! Gj

Products Discussed in

To Top