1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated Seat Switches

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by H0LLYW00D, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sep 20, 2010 at 3:55 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Similar to this? http://www.lieblweb.com/images/techlinks/heatedseat/Switchinplace.jpg

Here's a thread you might find useful (maybe). It depends on the heated seats that you have. What kind of switch does it have now? On/off or variable setting?

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-wiring-gurus-stock-heated-seat-switch-5.html

2. Sep 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ya that is it, but one for each front seat, i have read the fj link and they seem to have issues frying the controller for the seats.

Does anyone know who could make a center console plastic with out the cup holder or the seat switches, then i could cut them into each side and put other switches in the middle.

3. Sep 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    So, you already have a switch near the cup holder?
    I installed heated seats in my drivers seat and that switch (pict from earlier) came with the kit and I installed the button where you see it.

I think it's gonna cost you a lot of extra time, effort and money just to do what (I think) you want to do.

Are you adding switches for something and need to make room? Still not exactly sure what you're trying to do.

4. Sep 21, 2010 at 11:17 PM
    H0LLYW00D

Member:
    I am modding the truck to be a 4X4 rig and will be adding aftermarket products that need to have in cab switches and i want the truck inside to look as "stock" as possible. OEM would be a better word, i have added heated mirrors to the left side in one of the blanks and will be adding rear fogs also to the last blank there.

I have included a quick photoshop so show what i have for my center console. I want place the switches for the eventual rear and possibly front lockers and compressor switches with the seat switches or move the seat switches as mentioned above to between the cig lighters and have the compressor and lockers ans also 2 ligth switches there. Ideally the second picture illistrates my idea for the light switches between the cig lighters and i can leave the heated seat switches where they are and fit the locker switches below the seat switches.

The other idea I have is to use the illistration of the second picture but for the center console have a new one made without the cup holder and look something like picture three

5. Sep 22, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Here's an idea that's a little easier to do than what you have in your picture.
    Why don't you just put the ARB switches where the heated seat switches are (cutting a square hole to remove the round holes). Relocate the heated seat swtiches somewhere in that same area......below or above the ARB switches.

That Aux button - did you measure it? Can you buy it from the dealer? Another option for lighting, are these:
    http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runner/tech/switch/
    They fit because I have one in my truck.

6. Sep 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    H0LLYW00D

Member:
    this switch pictured in the middle image is a stock Tacoma fog switch. I know the lower switches are smaller, but im curious if one could make the hole big enough to fit the larger switch. The whole issue is steming from finding a light switch for my aux lights that looks OEM.

Products Discussed in

To Top