1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heater Fan Noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Steven C, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Jan 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    bendawg62

bendawg62 Active Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD / 2013 Tacoma TRD
    I have a 2010 Tacoma and I'm on my 2nd one, it now squeaks. The dealer has ordered an insulation kit and will change the motor again and install the kit. They said that the insulation kit is now part of the TSB and they are on there 2nd upgraded blower motor now. My other vehicle is a 1992 Toyota 4x4 pick up, 19 years old 280k km and still the original blower motor. Draw you own conclusions.

2. Jan 15, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Same problem here on my 2010 as well. Usually happens on low speed. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and apparently the TSB was just an insulation kit used to surround the blower motor. I guess they like covering up the noise instead of actually fixing it. Luckily for me though, with a little more talking they decided to go ahead and replace the blower motor instead. Good thing too, cause that ticking sound was getting annoying.

3. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    I called the dealer yesterday to get mine replaced for the second time.

The service guy said a new model blower motor came out about 2 months ago and should fix the problem for good.

We'll see.

4. Jan 22, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    boxxed

boxxed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    I got a call last week from my dealer saying the part was on back order.. Hopefully, it is new design. Does anybody know the current part number they have been using to replace the fan?

5. Jan 22, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    Does anyone know if this or any other TSB will be corrected on my '05 Tacoma, which has 25k and an extended warranty?

6. Jan 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    Infinus

Infinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab SB TRD Sport
    It's not a new design in any way shape or form. I've had both the new and the old and they both suck. The delphi part is garbage, honestly. Replacing it will only prolong the problem until you are out of warranty.

7. Mar 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Doubletapp

Doubletapp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    La Pine, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport 3" lift
    Upgraded rims and tires, running boards, canopy, and 3" lift
    I had the same noise with mine. I took it in last month after waiting several weeks for the part to come in. The squeeking noise was replaced with a dull whirring noise that can only be heard on the low setting. My service department tells me, "That's normal for the 2010's." Unfortunatley, it drives me nuts! Not sure what I am going to do yet.

8. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    DixieDog

DixieDog Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma
    UPDATE. Took Tacoma in for 15,000 service and reported heater fan problem 02/03/2011. The dealership had to order the part. 03/04/2011 I called dealer. Dealer states that I'm on their list but doesn't see me on Toyota's list (what ever that means). The Tech. states that his dealership gets these parts in in batches and replaces the part in order of which they were originally reported. Told me to call back 03/16/2011 when the next batch comes arrives.

9. Mar 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    Sammyt

Sammyt New Member

Member:
    Hudson NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    2010 Tacoma
    Like some of the other posts have said, I had the annoying clicking noise, brought it in to my dealership. They ordered a new motor. I came back 3 weeks later and they replaced the motor.
    4 months later and the new one is doing the same thing. Same exact damn noise as the first motor they replaced. Going on Friday so they can diagnose the problem, tell me it's the motor and send me home to wait another 3 weeks before the new motor is in!

10. Apr 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM
    DixieDog

DixieDog Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma
    UPDATE. Part came in latter part of March 2011. A letter was received from dealership informing me of this. Part replaced March 31, 2011. I hope I have better luck with this fan blower motor.

UPDATE. Driving home the evening of April 1, 2011. A faint chirping was heard that lasted all of the 30 minute drive. THE NEW PART FAILED! Upon inspection I noticed some insulation that evidently had been installed along with the new fan blower motor. It's as if Toyota knew the new motor was going to fail. At this point I may buy the part from Amazon that was mentioned in a previous post on this blog.

UPDATE. 7/17/2011. Second one installed at dealership the first part of June. All seems well now. No chirping detected.

UPDATE. 1/4/2013. Chirping and clicking noise returned in blower on low position.

11. Apr 1, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    vandolizm

vandolizm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Katy, Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Stage 1 Coilovers, Icon RR Rear Shocks, TC UCA, TSB Toytec AAL ARB Bumper
    After 3 months of waiting impatiently, part finally came in and had it replaced.

12. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    Doubletapp

Doubletapp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    La Pine, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport 3" lift
    Upgraded rims and tires, running boards, canopy, and 3" lift
    Well, finally had the service manager call in the "Toyota Rep" (supposedly some speacial Toyota technician that comes to the dealership once a month-cause the certified Toyota technicians couldn't fix it) to look at my truck. Needless to say, they installed a second new motor and an "insulation kit." The insulation kit amounts to a half inch of foam encasing the inside of the blower housing. Cover the problem-that makes it all better.......NOT. I am pissed. Noise is gone, but I'm sure it's due to the foam not that the problem is actually solved. Anyone have any suggestions?

13. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

I had my truck in this past thursday and they replaced the blower motor and put the insulation kit in. I talked to the tech and he said it's only supposed to hide the noise and not fix the problem. Well he was wrong cuz the new blower is squeaking and the insulation is not hiding it at all. Oh and it's also saturday, not even a full three days after the supposed fix. I don't know if this is gonna be considered under lemon law? Might as well give it a shot.

Products Discussed in

To Top