1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heating/AC issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoDan723, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Oct 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM
    TacoDan723

TacoDan723 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM Tacoma Limited
    I have noticed something that is a bit puzzling and somewhat frustrating. When I turn the temperature dial to the coolest position available (with the AC off) just BEFORE the final MAX A/C position it blows warm air. I expected it to be the same temperature as the outside air. What's frustrating is that it is actually much warmer than the outside air.

I also think this is affecting the temperature when the AC is actually on. On very hot days it never seems to get COLD. It is cool but not COLD. I have taken it to the dealer for this and they added about 1/2 of coolant but that hasn't made a difference.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Oct 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    This is common on these trucks and it is due to the blend servo door that doesn't completely seal off the heater core. I usually run with the AC on all the time and turn up the heat control to compensate as needed for the colder air.

Yes the AC compressor does run most of the time, but on a brighter note it keeps the compressor well lubricated by circulating the coolant in the AC system.

3. Oct 9, 2015 at 12:00 AM
    Ihatetacomas

Ihatetacomas Because tacomas hate me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Elko NV
    Vehicle:
    '12 White LB TRD Sport
    Used @ 23,283 Volant Intake (w/ scoop)(removed August 2016), BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, (drain tube mod), Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, Stampede Vigilante Premium VP Series Hood Protector, 5lb Extinguisher, Shovel & Axe mounted in bed, Shok Industries Sound Deadener, Mercury: (K62, MGR-1200, MGR-495) Triton 8" Subs, Custom-Made: Sub Box, Speaker Templates, Vapor Barrier, All-Pro Bumper w/Kickouts, hidden trailer hitch, wooden cup-holder Misc: Knukonceptz RCA, speaker, and power wires, Big 3 Upgrade, a very full Husky technician tool box
    Any redneck fix to this?

4. Oct 9, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    Blockhead

Blockhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2019 magnetic gray DCLB
    Leave the A/C off and just push the 'recirc' button on the right and no air will blow into the cab.

Products Discussed in

To Top