1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hella Rallye 4000i

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SAIRS, Oct 14, 2010.

?

Would you buy these lights?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2010.
  1. Heck yeah!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Heck yeah if only I had money!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Heck yeah if only they were less money...

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. I'd buy something less expensive and paint the red ring around it.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I'd buy something less expensive and not paint the red ring

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Oct 14, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting...p.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=101014&t_pl=101501

So as I am learning about everything that is available for the Tacoma, I came across these lights and thought they looked awesome even without seeing them hooked up. The black housing and red ring is going to go well I think with what my plans are once I get my truck. Bad news is, they are pricy

it looks like they are $510 per light :eek:

What do you think? Would you buy if you had the money or is this just way too much?

2. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Unless you are dead set on the red color ring, for whatever reason. I would recommend looking into LightForce products. I purchased two sets of the Stryker 170's and love them. They aren't HID but they are definitely bright as hell. Considering I turn them on and off frequently (on-coming cars on back roads) I don't think the HID bulbs would like that. Food for thought.

3. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    those are the lights you can use as basketballs (basically) right? I saw those on a tundra the other day and they looked pretty good. I will definately keep Light force in mind. I will be going with a White double cab long bed with the sport package when I order. Going to have black accessories on it like sliders and light bar of some type, but will do a little bit of red on it, like paiting a toyota devil red or something like that.

I have a Acura CL with Xenon headlights and just love having those lights. I want something that is going to give me some good light, especially since I near the mountains.

4. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    For that price you can can get better priced lights and just as good quality. like Jigzor said lightforce are a great product. If you want a red ring HID I can send you some info how to get some like mine for like $95 each. Let me know.

Here are mine
    CIMG1142_6d8607552df6a50a3fe6551089d7816deb24c70a.jpg

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    by all means! just researching options now so I wont waste time and money later. Let me know what you have. PM me or post it here. Thanks!

6. Oct 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I'll PM you soon man. Most likely Sunday or monday because I'm going to be in the mountains for the weekend.

7. Oct 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
  8. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Is it the red ring around the light that you like or the light itself?

If I were building a truck to race Baja yeah I could justify these lights but on a daily driver no way. There are so many better options when it come to great affordable off road lighting.

9. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    Unless you're in the Baja 1000 during the pitch black dark and have to rely on auxiliary lighting to get you to the finish line, then I don't see how anybody can justify buying a light for $510 freaking dollars.

I guess that's just coming from me, who bought a set of 3 KC Hilite knockoffs for $5 total at a yard sale.

Get the truck first. Spend money on other more important mods. Unless you are ridiculously rich, you will find that you had better things to spend your money on. Otherwise, I am completely envious of your financial situation.

10. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM
    SAIRS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

It is really just the look of the light. I am looking into some of the different HD conversion kits out there. right now I have an acura with the xenon headlights. I want to have impeccable lighting on the truck when it comes together for me. I also liked the exterior look of the light, because I will be doing white with black and red trim and these go well with my plans. we will see what happens though.

11. Oct 30, 2010 at 2:55 AM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    I ordered a set of these recently.
    http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/525.html

I liked the idea of having 1 set of lights that you can use for fogs and driving lights. I also don't see me needing the huge amount of light HID's usually output.

The bulb it's designed to work with is basically a filament bulb inside a plasma bulb. It's the h4 plasma yellow. Yellow/amber light is better for fog/snow.
    http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

They should be here Monday, hopefully soon enough in the day for me to get them installed.

12. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Being a Utah member as well I can't wait to see your truck when it's done it will be awesome. I have the Rallye 4000's that I really like. They have a ring around the front that could be easly painted if you wanted. You do have good tasted in lights and from my experience when it comes to lights you pay for what you get.

The next Utah meet you should come out and meet some of the guys you will see some nice trucks and get some good idea for yours.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top