1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello and Thanks! (stereo install)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Oh5, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Oh5 [OP] New Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    05 PreRunner
    3" Lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake
    Hello...I've been a Tacoma owner for the last several months now and the first project I've attempted is a new stereo in my 05 double cab. It's finally completed so I figured I'd show you what I came up with since I used this forum extensively in my research. I wanted to keep everything stock and not remove any brackets or cut anything or any permanent changes to my truck. I also have a 1 year old daughter and another little girl on the way so keeping the child seat hookups was a must. I ended up using 5/8" MDF instead of 3/4" like I usually would have because as you know space is tight back there. When all was said and done everything fit, but was slightly too close for comfort so I ended up removing the plastic from the big seat. Anyway my goal was for a budget friendly build that would give me a nice step up from stock which I believe I have achieved. Here's what I used:

Kicker 10CVR102 sub
    Kenwood X500 Mono Amp
    Kenwood KAC 1502 for the components
    Polk DB 6501 components up front
    Stock speakers in the rear

The Kicker needed 0.8 cubic foot box so I had to build it long and low, and to my best calculations its about 0.84cuft. Things didn't go exactly as planned as the whole point of the system was I had an old mono amp I was going to use which ended up not working, and I have giftcards to Amazon which is why I chose the components that I did to do it on the cheap. I originally bought a JVC KD-X50BT but I didn't think about the fact that I have a roof mounted DVD player and needed a rear aux port which is why I switched to the X80. Since both of those Kenwood amps are so small they would fit on the rear panel like I had originally wanted, but since my first amp was so huge and didn't work, I had already ran the 2 channel amp under the drivers seat and haven't moved it back. I left room on the rear panel as you can see and may someday put the amps side by side. I didn't take too many pictures but here's an idea of the finished product in the back. I mainly just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has put their input out here and helped me out tremendously along the way. So Thanks!

To Top