1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello Fellow AZ Folks

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by AZmohawk, May 16, 2020.

1. May 16, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    AZmohawk

AZmohawk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Off Road
    Bilstein 5100s BFG K02 265/75 R16s
    I have a New 2020 Tacoma OR TRD. Tacoma World Has a lot of Information and have enjoyed reading.

I plan to do a small lift and go up to 265/75/16 Tires. Trying to keep to a simple system and reasonable budget.

I have been following the Eibach Lift kit Thread on the 3rd Generation forum. I am interested in this system. But am also researching all options.

I am in far north Phoenix. Does anyone have any recommendations to shops on this side of town? The Lift shop on bell Rd has very good reviews and have thought about going by there to see what they have to say. Has anyone had experience with these folks?
    I would like to find someone local that I could trust to work on the lift for my truck.

Also does anyone have a recommendation to a service person at a dealer on the North side that I could go to for the service while under the warranty? after the 2 year car care I will probably do my own oil Changes and light maintenance work as I have usually done most of this stuff over the years. I bought my truck at a broker so don't have any dealership contacts. I just don't trust hardly anyone from a dealership. Too many bad experiences in earlier years. Bell Road Toyota would be closest to me if anyone knows someone there. Larry Miller is not far but have heard bad things.

Thanks for any info are advice. Have a good day all.
    Dan (AZmohawk)
    Dan&Barb 2020 Toyota Tacoma-3.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    wilcam47, Hobbs and Brian007Taco like this.
  2. May 16, 2020 at 5:22 PM
    Butch1977

Butch1977 Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Off Road
    Camburg CTE front end. Camburg UCAs. Warn 10s winch. Cali Raised LED ditch lights, roof rack with 360 LED pods, 42in dual row LED light bar and bed stiffeners. Rigid LED light bar and fog lights, Leitner forged bed rack. Decked bed system. 17 inch Fuel Podium wheels with KM3s. Fox 2.5s. Deaver add a spring.
    IMG_2470.jpg IMG_2471.jpg I had the dealer that I bought my Tacoma from do my lift but I did have the LiftShop do my front end, winch and Spod install, they did a great job on all of it.

cytocycle, AZmohawk[OP] and Hobbs like this.
  3. May 16, 2020 at 9:18 PM
    AZmohawk

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Butch1977. Appreciate the info!!

Butch1977[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. May 21, 2020 at 7:03 PM
    cytocycle

cytocycle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Expedition Build - 2012 TRD Off-Road
    4.88, Radflo 2.5" Resi,ARB Front Bumper with fogs, TJM 9,000 synthetic rope winch with Pro-Link, AllPro Bolt on Sliders with fill plates, Asfir Aluminum Front Skid, Mid Skid, Gas Skid, Transfer Skid, AllPro Shackle flip kit with Timbern, CBI HC rear Bumper, Rigid Mesh Grill with 20" LED bar, White Sport Grill Opening, ARB Dual Compressors and 2 gallons of air tanks for air tools, Dakar Leaf Pack+2,front sway bar delete, Camburg UCA's, Stainless Steel Brake Lines on all wheels fixed mushy brakes, UltraGuage
    Sadly I'm on the North side of Phoenix, and I can't recommend Bell Toyota service dept (they didn't have a quick oil change process so my free oil changes took 1-2hrs). The parts dept charges more than retail, so order online with Camelback toyota for parts. I swapped rims and the service guy quoted me $299 to reprogram the TPS sensors to the truck, and discount tire did it for free. Mike Romero is my Service rep at Camelback Toyota, and he will let you bring in synthetic oil for your oil changes when they are doing the free 2 years maintenance. very flexible on getting you in for appointments and really nice waiting room with a quiet room upstairs. I make the drive for the better service.
    Go see Wil at Sierra Expeditions on Broadway/101 for lift truck work. He is super honest and has talked me out of more mods than I can think of. If you are ever going to put weight in the back of the truck an OME lift and OME Dakar leafpack is the way to go. it will get you a 2.5" lift without having to buy UCA's and it will align without a problem.

OneWheelPeel and dira1987 like this.
  5. May 21, 2020 at 8:48 PM
    AZmohawk

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:

Great info Thanks cytocycle ! I will look at going to Camelback Toyota for service. I was planning on stopping by Sierra Expeditions in the next week are so to see what they had to say. I had read some good reviews on them also. Thanks again. Much appreciated

6. May 22, 2020 at 6:57 AM
    WheelsTaco

WheelsTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2014 taco Trd off-road
    Who did you get your bumper from? Looks badass

wilcam47 likes this.
  7. May 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM
    Butch1977

Butch1977 Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Off Road
    Camburg CTE front end. Camburg UCAs. Warn 10s winch. Cali Raised LED ditch lights, roof rack with 360 LED pods, 42in dual row LED light bar and bed stiffeners. Rigid LED light bar and fog lights, Leitner forged bed rack. Decked bed system. 17 inch Fuel Podium wheels with KM3s. Fox 2.5s. Deaver add a spring.
    WheelsTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. May 22, 2020 at 10:32 PM
    WheelsTaco

WheelsTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2014 taco Trd off-road
  9. May 25, 2020 at 6:17 AM
    phx70

phx70 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma SR5 4WD 3RZ AT Sunfire Red Pearl
    I’ve heard a lot of people recommended Camelback Toyota for parts. I’ve had good luck for parts at Right Toyota in North Scottsdale. parts.righttoyota.com. Parts guy is Rich Knight. The fact is most dealerships offer a discounted wholesale parts website. You either need to “google” it or just call them and ask if they have a discounted wholesale website. Many don’t advertise it. Many will link you to the retail MSRP for parts from their main website.

cytocycle and WheelsTaco like this.
  10. Jun 4, 2020 at 1:28 AM
    tacochep

tacochep Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 S White Taco DCSB TRD 4x4
    scs ray 10's, demello sliders, meso stuff
    I go to camelback for all my free oil changes, thats where i got the truck, take like 2 hrs but their dealership is nice to walk around in and lounge with their free wifi.

11. Jun 14, 2020 at 3:55 PM
    DesertRatR

DesertRatR My favorite dog is what I got.

Member:
    Southern AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD 4WD Off-Road
    I think that's only 1 inch bigger tire. Won't that fit without any lift?

Does anyone know the largest tire size a Gen 3 OR TRD will take? Mine is 2019.

Does anyone know of a lift shop in Tucson?

12. Jun 15, 2020 at 8:21 AM
    AZmohawk

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Yes the 265/75/16 will fit with out any rubbing. I put on my new K02s and drove it for a week are so at the stock height with no problems. Just had Billstein 5100s installed the other day. I am amazed at how much better it improved my drive with the new shocks. I only went to the 2 clip .65 to level the truck out a little. Drives Great! With Tires and 5100s I was able to get a 1 1/4" Lift in the front and a 1/2" in the back for a little more of a level look and still have a little Rake of about a 1/2" Truck looks great and was what I was trying to accomplish.

Products Discussed in

To Top