1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello from Yakima WA "The Palm Springs of Central Washington"

Discussion in 'New Members' started by S-Runner '01, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Jul 17, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    S-Runner '01

S-Runner '01 [OP] Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Yakima "the Palm Springs of Central Washington"
    Vehicle:
    BSP '01 S-Runner
    Garmin 260W - GPS Scanguage II K&N FIPK Kit Delta Low Profile Toolbox Fumoto Oil Drain Valve New Toyota Front Mats B&M Short Throw shifter New Tokico Gas Shocks Compustar Anti Theft Alarm System Redline Elite Hood Struts Phase Linear DVD/MP3/CD Player Professionally Detailed
    I am brand new to Tacoma World. I just bought my first Tacoma last Tuesday although I have owned a Toyota pickup for the last 9 years.
    My first one is an '85 SR5 ExtraCab with the 22RE powerplant and a 5 speed manual transmission. It had 98,000 miles on it when I bought it. I had to replace a head gasket on it but that's the only thing I ever had to do to it. I did replace the time chain set at that time and installed the steel backed guides. Since then I've put another 135,000 miles on it and it still runs as good as ever.
    I recently inherited an oil well so I felt it was time that I did a little upgrading.
    In addition to the 22RE Engine & 5 speed manual transmission my '85 has bucket seats, center console, factory installed sunroof, factory alloy wheels, cruise control, tinted glass all around, AM-FM Tape deck, (Upgraded to a Kenwood AM-FM Stereo w/CD-MP3 player and Sirius Satellite Radio) tilt steering wheel and power windows.
    I wanted my new truck to have all the same accessories and after a nationwide search using autotrader.com and edmunds.com I found exactly what I wanted down near San Diego.
    It is the Radiant Red '01 S-Runner and it is exactly what I was looking for. It has all the features of my old truck and a couple more that enhanced the deal even more. It also has A/C, a stepside bed and a bedliner. It has the V6 3.4L engine and I got 21.75 miles per gallon on the drive back from Southern California to Yakima Washington. A distance of about 1300 miles. (Counting the miles that I spent being lost in Los Angeles and again in Sacramento (I even got turned around and a little lost in Bend Oregon and that's gotta be darn near impossible - but I did it))
    Well, I love my Toyota(s) and since I'm well into my 60's it will probably last me the rest of my life.
    Jerry

2. Jul 17, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Welcome to the site!!

3. Jul 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Good looking truck you haev there Jerry. Always nice to see others from Washington.

-Dan

4. Jul 17, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Welcome to TW.

5. Jul 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome.

Products Discussed in

To Top