1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello .. New to this forum "Tie-rod problem"

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mynsbigrthanurs, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    Turd Herding Jim

Turd Herding Jim What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Jim
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4
    3" Icon Stage 3 lift, All Pro Off Road APEX front bumper, Amor Tech Off Road high clearance rear bumer, Armor Tech Off Road rock sliders. URD Short Shifter, HID Headlights, Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 285/75-16 Falken Rock Mountain ATS tires, 4.56's with front and rear ARB air lockers, BesTop Soft Cover
    What is happening on top of your axle?!

161366d1342960875-hello-new-forum-tie-rod-problem-457843_2498495159995_220379381_o-1.jpg

2. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    Dude wtf ? The guy is happy with his truck. stop trying to be a dick

3. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    mynsbigrthanurs

mynsbigrthanurs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    1.5 inch spider track wheel spacers ebc rotors and ebc green stuff pads tundra racing brake disc conversion with disc ebrake 4.88 rear end gears with detroit locker true track toy tech add a leaf 4 inch blocks on the rear u bolt flip kit 6 inch fab tech lift fab tech drop down brackets 3 inch bilstein 5100 adjustable coilover lift bilstein 28 inch shocks in the rear old man emu 885 coils toytech strut spacer 1/2 inch on the driver side and 1/4 on the pass side to level out due to the gas tank weight total chaos upper control arms (custom specs just for my lift) performance accessories 3 inch body lift pro comp limit strap k&n intake throttle body spacer aftertmarket head lights and tail lights (forgot brand) borla cat back
    its called brake lines and all the wires oh and leaf springs and a block

4. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    1.5 inch spider track wheel spacers ebc rotors and ebc green stuff pads tundra racing brake disc conversion with disc ebrake 4.88 rear end gears with detroit locker true track toy tech add a leaf 4 inch blocks on the rear u bolt flip kit 6 inch fab tech lift fab tech drop down brackets 3 inch bilstein 5100 adjustable coilover lift bilstein 28 inch shocks in the rear old man emu 885 coils toytech strut spacer 1/2 inch on the driver side and 1/4 on the pass side to level out due to the gas tank weight total chaos upper control arms (custom specs just for my lift) performance accessories 3 inch body lift pro comp limit strap k&n intake throttle body spacer aftertmarket head lights and tail lights (forgot brand) borla cat back
    i think someone has a crush on my truck he cant quit talking about it lol

5. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM
    Turd Herding Jim

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Jim
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4
    3" Icon Stage 3 lift, All Pro Off Road APEX front bumper, Amor Tech Off Road high clearance rear bumer, Armor Tech Off Road rock sliders. URD Short Shifter, HID Headlights, Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 285/75-16 Falken Rock Mountain ATS tires, 4.56's with front and rear ARB air lockers, BesTop Soft Cover
    Ooooh, you're so cute! Lol

In all honesty, I'm just screwing with him. I'm enjoying the fact that he keeps firing sarcasm right back at me instead of getting all but hurt. Dude seems alright, truck is still an abortion...:stirthepot:

6. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    :cool:

7. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    my truck is fine ass lol and yeah i dont stop ill keep on goin

8. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    I don't think it's a bad looking truck. I never understand why people put drop-bracket lifts on 4x2 trucks when you could get spindles and coilovers and still maintain some ground clearance, but oh well. I've heard questionable things concerning body lifts and such, but to each his own. I think with a new front bumper this thing could be pretty neat looking, but I've never liked Rockstars even in the slightest, but that's just me. My 2 cents.

9. Aug 1, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    Thanks
    yeah im looking at bumpers and the rockstars are going when i swap tires

10. Aug 1, 2012 at 4:40 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Quiet you.

:laugh:

More quieter, yoiu.

11. Aug 1, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
  12. Aug 1, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i'm not speaking of driving to the walmart like vin diesel in fast five :/

the situation i'm referring to is one where you simply must avoid an object or a person or an animal. if you had to perform an emergency lane change in that truck you would roll it for sure, there is no absolutely no way that a tacoma with a 14inch lift is going to be safe in these type of situations.

i'm not busting balls here you didn't make this lift you didn't buy it and install it blah blah blah but, its on there and you now are in control of it. some of the other chaps like jandrews and chris4x4 know their stuff buddy. don't feel married to this lift sometimes its a good thing just to step back and think about things in a different way. imo from a safety aspect alone i would sort it out before i was put into that type of situation.

fyi, if those guys told me my rig was set up completely wrong and where offering free advice to help me out. it i would say thank you i'm new to lifted trucks and i will look into ways to sort it out. i would then follow through with it and see what options where available to me.

just my .02

13. Aug 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I haven't said peep :)

14. Aug 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    update on the tie-rod issue ... well there are 2 outer tie-rods for this truck a short one for the 5 lug model and a long one for the 6 lug model well the one that is on this truck is for the 5 lug model thats why it didnt work out right but the one that goes on my truck which is the longer one is a little too long on the female side so i have to cut it down just a little but it will work out perfect .. es80895 moog part number for 6 lug model .. es80941 moog part number for 5 lug model im going tomorrow to my dads shop to get the alignment and 2 new tires since the damn tie-rod being fucked up ate them up but no biggie tires wont be here till monday but im going to just do 2 of the same 38 toyos for now till i figure out what i want to change them to .. ill post pics tomorrow night also

15. Aug 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    just for his future reference i guess.

i found it a little difficult when i first signed up a few years ago to figure out who knew what they where talking about and who was fucktarded lol. figured i make it easy for him.

16. Aug 3, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    :D yeah

17. Aug 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    have you measured your ground clearance yet to the rear diff? i'm just curious i don't think i have ever seen a 37" tire on a tacoma at least not in person. i would have to imagine you have a decent amount of air between you and the ground.

18. Aug 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    mynsbigrthanurs

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    League City TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 38x15.5x20s
    38x15.5x20s lol ill go check real quick brb

19. Aug 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    Turd Herding Jim

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Jim
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4
    High pinion Dana 60 would give him more, and it's a beefier unit which would definitely be a good purchase for this particular truck!

20. Aug 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    shit that would be a good purchase for any truck lol

Products Discussed in