1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hello tacoma world

Discussion in 'New Members' started by SwampTroll, May 11, 2010.

1. May 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    SwampTroll

SwampTroll [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elias
    Phila, moving to Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist Tacoma
    bed liner, woofers, CD player
    I'm the proud new owner of a '04 Tacoma, 2WD standard cab and I am LOVING it. I'm learning the standard transmission in New York City, and let's just say it's teaching me a lot of humility. But it's tons of fun and I've already been using the bed to haul all kinds of stuff: speakers, bushels of crab, lumber and some dogs.

[​IMG]

I'm about to take it on a road trip through the land: NYC to Charlottesville, VA, then Asheville, NC, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, Jackson, New Orleans then a different route back to New York City again.

So my first project is somehow making the shell more privatized so I can sleep and stow luggage there.

the best option seems to be using velcro with adhesive to hold up fabric curtains

Trying to track down some mirrored window tint is appealing, but I don't want to lose the visibility out of the shell when I'm driving.

This is the first vehicle I've owned and maintained, so take it easy on me. She's my baby now, so I'm going to do what I have to to make sure to treat her right (even if sometimes that's ask a stupid question in a forum).

best,
    Elias

[​IMG]

2. May 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Congrats on the truck. I've got the same thing (different transmission though). It's a tough little truck. I'm sure you could rig up a curtain mount with a little effort. If you plan on camping out in the bed, you may want to check to see if your tailgate lines up with the sides of the bed. I can see daylight through my cracks on mine. That might let a draft in if you have the same situation as I do. :)

3. May 11, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    Welcome man! I'm new here too. We posted at the same time lol

4. May 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nice to have you guys, Theres lot of knowledgeable guys on here. So, have fun and enjoy :wave:

5. May 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    nice truck, welcome!!!!

6. May 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    JManders

JManders Assistant to the Regional Manager

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2k Black SR5 TRD romper
    Warn driving lights, Aries brush guard, tow package, removed mudflaps, Uniden CB radio, Firestik antenna, PA horn, deck plate mod, K&N air filter, blacked-out badges, Hella SuperTone horns, 20% tint all around, fog light mod
    Welcome to TW! It's gonna get addicting, I'm just warning you now.

7. May 11, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Welcome to TW from BC :wave:

OZ

8. May 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    SwampTroll

SwampTroll [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elias
    Phila, moving to Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist Tacoma
    bed liner, woofers, CD player
  9. May 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM
    Boosted17

Boosted17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Florence, Ky
    Vehicle:
    Looking for a new Toyota Truck.
    2006 Corvette Z51 M6. Best mod ever!
    Welcome!

10. May 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Hello & welcome to TW.

Products Discussed in

To Top