1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! 96 tacoma 2.7 running issues

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by DougsYoda, May 2, 2017.

1. May 2, 2017 at 7:42 PM
    DougsYoda

DougsYoda [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2.7 4x4
    3" lift
    My 96 2.7 5 speed manual starts right up and idles very smoothly when in neutral you can rev it up and it revs like it should. The problem that I am having is when I try to accelerate the truck stumbles and if I hold my foot steady on the accelerator pedal the stumbling stops and it acts like the fuel is shut off then starts stumbling again. So far I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, vacuum lines, PCV valve, Distributer cap and rotor button and coil, also checked for excessive free play in they distributer and it was fine, had the timing checked, had the cat checked, checked and cleaned the MAF, had codes checked the only one I had was a P0171. Does anyone know what may be going on with it or have a similar issue? Was told it could either be a TPS or Fuel pump

2. May 14, 2017 at 8:06 AM
    sawed off

sawed off Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner 2wd 2.7 SR5
    You need to check fuel pressure next. Somewhere on fuel rail should be port but I am not for sure. P0171 system lean so check for vacuum leaks too.

Products Discussed in

To Top