1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help! can't fill gas tank!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NMTrailRider, May 14, 2015.

1. Dec 15, 2017 at 6:13 AM
    GearMage

GearMage Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    None
    I'm new member here and I stumbled across this looking for and answer to a problem I'm having with my 2004 Tacoma. During a fill up the filler neck foams up and shuts the pump off about 10 to 15 times every gallon. I pulled the filler neck out and checked the filler tube and vent hose. I didn't bother to check the charcoal EVAP system because those tubes connect to the top of the filler neck and I couldn't see how they would be a problem during a fill up and the check engine light should come on if that system was a problem. I couldn't see anything wrong so I put it back together and still had the problem. Again, I took the filler neck out again and this time I took the rubber tube off the tank that connects to the bottom end of the filler neck. I took a mirror and tried to look into the tank and there is a flap type valve there that I suppose is a rollover valve (I could find no mention of it in the repair manual). It looked a little bent so I stuck a rubber vacuum hose in there to see if it would open and it was stuck. I used a screwdriver and gave it a good push and it opened up and worked freely after that. I put it all together and went to the gas station and had no problem filling the tank. My guess someone tried to steal my gas and put siphon hose in the tank and damaged that valve when removing the siphon hose. The problem is fixed and it was a damaged rollover valve inside the gas tank where the filler neck nipple is.

2. Dec 15, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    This is interesting. Solid contribution.

Products Discussed in

To Top