1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help deciding on Christmas gifts for my Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hadoken, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Nov 19, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    Hadoken

Hadoken [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I've got a 05 4.0 Prerunner DC TRD Sport 2WD LB that is stock exept for what the previous owner did, a truxedo low pro qt tonneau and chrome Westin step bars.
    I'm going to add a few things to it for Christmas, like tint the front windows the same as the back (or as close as legally possible), a new grille, and new tires.

First off, on the grille, I much prefer a black billet or black mesh, but do you think the black grill would look out of place with the chrome step bars? I think it would look ok since the grille is already black, just not billet/mesh.
    Which billet or mesh grille does everyone recommend, that does NOT require cutting the factory grille. I know it would look better if I cut it, but I'm not looking to make permanent changes yet.

As far as tires, for now I am planning to keep my TRD Sport 17" wheels, but am definitely ready to get rid of the Dueler H/Ts on there.
    I'm trying to decide between the Nitto Terra Grappler, General Grabber AT2, and BFG All Terrain T/A KO.
    Anyone have any pictures of any of these tires, or any similar A/T tread tire on the 17" Toyota wheels?

Thanks.

2. Nov 19, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    the grillcraft mesh grill does not require the grill to be cut, but they do recommend it.

3. Nov 19, 2008 at 7:11 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Like lsocoee said it looks 10times better cut out, much cleaner look are far as the tires go man thats a coin toss they are all awesome tires you really cant beat the price on the general grabber at/2 i think my next pair will be the terra grapplers though.

4. Nov 19, 2008 at 9:42 AM
    Hadoken

Hadoken [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Does anyone have a comparo pic of the grille with and without the stock grille behind it, or is it just something you have to see in person to tell the difference?

5. Nov 19, 2008 at 10:01 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Havent seen the grillcraft over the original grill but heres a couple pics and an idea you can do with the grill this is roberjohnson truck
    With hella 500 lights
    [​IMG]
    before lights
    [​IMG]

6. Nov 19, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    Powdercoat the chrome nerf bars black. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top