1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help fast!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RDAY, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jul 23, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I am putting my new tires and rims on i got the back done and removed the front mud flaps is that all i need to do for it not to rub to bad?

The real problem is where do i jack it up in the front i cannot find a flat spot i don't jack it up on the metal below the shock do i i can't seem to figure it out. if any one has a pic that would b great.
    Thanks guys

2. Jul 23, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Do you have the owners manual?? cause there is a pic in there...but it's on the frame behind the tire on either side.

If you have to trim/remove mud flaps in the back you'll probably have to trim a bit in the front too...but you'll have to hear/see where it rubs on your rim/tire combo...Most tire makers size the tires the same XXX/YYRZZ...but there are still variations in the measurements...so you exact set up may have different issues than other folks..

3. Jul 23, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    RDAY

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    i thought it was the front u have to remove the flaps from not the back?

4. Jul 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    RDAY

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    does it look like a weird shaped V and a regular floor jack wont fit on it even? the frame behind the tire facing the rear tires or facing the middle under the vehicle?

5. Jul 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    What tire size?

6. Jul 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...The rears you shouldn't have any real issues with. The fronts you may have to remove the mud flaps and trim away wheel well plastic/body molding because the front tires turn/move up and down alot.

The rear tires only move up and down mostly. and there is a fair bit of space under there.

The way I read your post was what did you need to trim for the whole truck...Not just the rears...Sorry for the confusion.

Products Discussed in

To Top