1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! How do I remove the FRONT Center Console?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MUDDA, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Feb 12, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    MUDDA

MUDDA [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD SPORT
    Pro-Comp 6" Lift, Moto-Metal 950 18" Rims, Toyo Open Country 33 12.50 18 Tires, Flowmaster 50 Series, K&N intake, Seccondary filter removal, Navigator 12V 55W Driving Lights, 700W Power Inverter installed Beneath Driver Seat
    :mad: Alright, So I am attempting to Put the 115V Outlet just past my cup holders and can't get the dumb piece out. I have the cup holders out but the piece that the cup holders clip into will not come out. HELP

2. Feb 12, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I just went through all that about a month ago... I have an Automatic just FYI

In order to get that out - you'll have to remove the center console completely. It's all clipped together and you can't get any movement outta it unless the console is removed.

At the bottom of the console, you have to pry that fuzzy felt hard thing out and underneath there are 2 bolts holding console in.

And, if you don't already have the shifter components out....on the Automatic, there are 4 screws holding that piece in at the shifter.

3. Feb 21, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    MUDDA

MUDDA [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD SPORT
    Pro-Comp 6" Lift, Moto-Metal 950 18" Rims, Toyo Open Country 33 12.50 18 Tires, Flowmaster 50 Series, K&N intake, Seccondary filter removal, Navigator 12V 55W Driving Lights, 700W Power Inverter installed Beneath Driver Seat
    thanks, man. Your trick worked like a charm.

Products Discussed in

To Top