1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help I'm a dumbass with a DB lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by aklano, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Jan 22, 2020 at 6:42 AM
    aklano

aklano [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Access Cab SR5 V6 Auto
    As an uneducated 1st timer in the Tacoma game I ended up purchasing someone else's project truck. I'm now the owner of a '09 with a drop bracket kit, front coilover spacers and rear blocks, sitting on worn out factory coilovers and struts of course. After doing post-purchase research over the last 2 years this is not the way I would have modified it but you know, hindsight...

How does having a drop bracket affect my options at this point? I know it's not really a reversible procedure for the most part without a bunch of work.

I want to install aftermarket coilovers and Dakar packs to eliminate the front spacers and rear blocks.

Can anyone help my dumb ass out? I've done my best to search for this particular situation but I'm just not finding answers.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jan 23, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    Drop bracket kit, although not idea, can still have nice Fox coilovers. Do you know which kit it is, and approximately what lift it has?

3. Jan 23, 2020 at 9:30 AM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    You can remove it but you need to find stock spindles and a frame with a cross member you can cut out and weld back into your own vehicle.

But like accutune said, you can still rock Fox and King shocks with a drop bracket lift, just have to get them made for the appropriate DB lift. For leafs you can go alcans and whatnot so you get rid of the blocks

4. Jan 27, 2020 at 7:42 AM
    reg0928

reg0928 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Crestone, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OR Access Cab
    3"OME, 255/85R16
    I'm on a 6" Fabtech kit. I was in the same boat. I bought the truck with the DB lift not realizing.

I used the Fox resi coilovers from the 6" BDS kit. SPC uppers to make sure my alignment is in check. For the rear I used the 5+1 leaf pack that @blackout14 used to offer. Not sure if he still offers it, but the height is pretty much perfect without having to use any blocks.

blackout14 likes this.
  5. Jan 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM
    blackout14

blackout14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    The panda
    Vehicle:
    Tacotruck
    Rust
    it is still available but not from me. The company I had makeing them was called ATS Springs in Souderton PA. Give them a ring and ask for bobby and he will know exactly what you want :)

lynyrd3 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top