1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HeLp Lowering my '98Taco

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Nelliebob06, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    Nelliebob06

Nelliebob06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Ramona, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '98 sr5 taco
    Aem Intake, Flexalite fan kit, Gibson exhaust (5 ft of supra pipe) Hi flo cat
    Hi, i recently installed a djm rear 2" block kit on my 2wd. Beautiful look wen installed however, im having some exhaust clearance issues ( contact with axel resulting in a clanging sound when suspension articulates about 3 inches). I was looking at beefed tacos rear kits, the kit with the rear shocks and the reduced bump stopps looked to be exactly what i needed, Not sure if this would help my exhaust problem..... im not sure what to do aboujt that. Please help

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    dump it in front of the rear axle ha ha

3. Dec 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    Nelliebob06

Nelliebob06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Ramona, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '98 sr5 taco
    Ive spent most of my spare time this last week trying to remedy my problem here.... I believe the problem is due to the aftermarket gibson catback i put on there ( i think it has a lower bend than stock) i also had to relocate what seems to be a brake line. it had a bolt hanging out of the bcak of the mounting bracket that was threatening to pierce my exhaust. Ill Take a pic of my area of concern and post it asap, THANK YOU again for all of your help guys! More advice is always welcome!!!

4. Dec 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Nelliebob06

Nelliebob06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Ramona, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '98 sr5 taco
    Btw i hav a '98 2.4 auto.. AEM intake, hi flo cat, and gibson full catback sys. Stock motor besides that. FUNNN LITTLE TRUCK!

5. Dec 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    Nelliebob06

Nelliebob06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Ramona, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '98 sr5 taco
    Thanks again 4 the fast responses on this one... just looked, all welded, cat to tip... im thinkin shorter exhaust hangers would b my best bet, ill take a pic of that brake line mounting bolt/ bracket in the way, i relocated it one bolt lower on the mount (now only using one bolt on it) to give me about 3 inches of safe wheel travel until that damn bolt finds my poor pipe, seems like a strange place for a thing such as this to be if you ask me!!

6. Dec 13, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    SuprTT10

SuprTT10 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    NY
    Vehicle:
    Toyota tacoma
    Hey what did you use to lower the front end of your truck?

Products Discussed in

To Top