1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP!!! lug bolts to short

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by spicytaco06, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Oct 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    spicytaco06

spicytaco06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Holliston Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 06 SR5
    flowmaster 40 series muffler, K&N 77 series intake , grillcraft black mesh grille , debadged all around custom receiving shackle hitch
    hey guys i just bought a set of 17" ATX teflon black wheels for my 06 taco but when the shop was test fitting one on they noticed that my lug bolt was to short :mad:and could only grab about three threads which is not enough in my book. however ive heard about these "spline lug nuts" wich i guess go into the wheel and get more of a bite on the threads however ive heard there unsafe from the local tire shop who sold me these wheels and they suggest buying a longer lug bolt but the downfall in that is that theres more labor involved wich is costly. just tell me what you guys think i should do i need your help because these wheels look way to good on my truck to let go thanks -nick-

2. Oct 7, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Get the spline lugs.. If the wheels are ment for those types of nuts, there isn't any danger involved.

3. Oct 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    spicytaco06

spicytaco06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Holliston Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 06 SR5
    flowmaster 40 series muffler, K&N 77 series intake , grillcraft black mesh grille , debadged all around custom receiving shackle hitch
    i got the spline lugs after paying 60 dollars for these lugs at some speed shop and having a tough time finding them i immediately i went to the tire shop and once i got there i showed the guy behind the counter and then he said "oh we got those" you can imagine how frustrated i was after all that running around online searching and phone calls for nothing but its all said and done with now so im happy and the wheels look great i gotta go back in a couple days for an alignment. but thanks johnecon2001 for your answer hopefully this thread helps someone else who has this problem some day

Products Discussed in

To Top