1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me brainstorm my next car

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by wiggler, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Jan 27, 2024 at 12:15 AM
    wiggler

wiggler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    HILO
    Vehicle:
    2013 OR AC 6MT & 1998 4Runner sr5 auto
    Ok, so I have:

2013 Tacoma, OR, 4x4, 4.0, manual, access cab, 71,000 miles. 5100/884’s etc. I have used this truck extensively Offroad, it’s my baby. Bought this truck brand new October 2012. This is my truck for truck things. I will never part with this truck if I have my way. But it’s not a good daily now with 3 kids, including a baby.

1998 4Runner, SR5, 3.4, 4x4 with rear locker, automatic, 142,000 miles, in very good condition. I have had it for a year now and is my daily.

1999 Tacoma, sr5, 4x4, 3.4, manual, 227,000 miles, 5.29 gears, 35’s. This truck I bought from my close friend who bought it right after high school in maybe 2003. It is his baby. He needed to get rid of it and I bought it from him and told him he can buy it back when he regrets it.

I have owned at 1989 Volvo 240, 91 accord, 93 Camry, 2005 Scion TC, and 2012 bmw 328i. I sold the bmw cause it was automatic and as much as I loved it, but I couldn’t love it enough without an elite (manual) transmission.

The original plan was to find another e90 bmw with a manual, but then I got a good deal on the 4Runner. I work on my own cars and have done quite a bit of work on the 4Runner. I really love the 4Runner but there is a part of me that wants a normal, modern, sedan. So probably gonna sell the 4Runner.

It must be a sedan, and it must be available with a manual transmission. So unfortunately the gr86 and Supra (probably couldn’t afford) is out.

looking at a new civic si, wrx, maybe gr Corolla. Leaning toward the si, but haven’t actually test drove anything yet. I like the new integra type s, but waaaaay to expensive for what it is. I would like something fun, but the civic type r is out cause it looks too radical. Same with a lot of other cars in this class. I don’t want attention. I’m on the fence about the gr Corolla and how it looks. Might consider a regular Corolla also.

Also considering searching for uncommon older cars like matrix xrs, Corolla xrs, Camry with a manual.. tsx (k24), or even going back to the e90 bmw route, whether n52 or n54, I’m not sure. But rather keep it Toyota/honda at this point.

Just thought I’d throw it out here and see what you all think. Appreciate any thoughts, ideas, advice, or suggestions welcome. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  2. Jan 27, 2024 at 12:46 AM
    wiggler

wiggler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    HILO
    Vehicle:
    2013 OR AC 6MT & 1998 4Runner sr5 auto
    Came back to say that a 2024 Tacoma is obviously not out of the question. Unlike a lot of others I am excited about the turbo 4 and everything else about it, but the prices I am seeing for, say, a sport or OR at like $55k, doesn’t seem worth it.

edit: to also say the only exception to the manual transmission would be for a Tesla model 3.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024

Products Discussed in

To Top