1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me build by audio upgrade

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by ekimerpud, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jan 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    ekimerpud

ekimerpud [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have a '16 Access Cab Offroad that I'm looking to improve the stock sound system. I do not have the JBL system and I don't care to change out the head unit. More bass would be nice, but don't want to sacrifice the storage space with a big box. A small bass setup between the back seats would work, but nothing that intrudes on the back area too much. I listen a little of everything and clarity is important to me. I'm willing to mount an amplifier, but it will need to fit under the driver or passenger seats. I want a factory look install so not hacking on door panels. I'm willing to invest in quality, so not putting a price limit on the system until I know the options. Complete replacement of the stock speakers is a must.

What's out there and what would you recommend? Why?

If you've done a system in a 2016, lets see your setup!

2. Jan 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM
    GreezyTaco

GreezyTaco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 SR5 4X4
    Extang sold 2.0
    Glad you asked this question. I am in the same boat and need guidance. When I use Spotify it sounds pretty good because i can use the equalizer and push the bass more and volume. To my surprise, the stock speakers can handle more when i do this so amp is the first step i think. Agree with wanting factory look.

3. Jan 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM
    zinger

zinger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Sky Tacoma SR5
    Have you looked at the Audio & Video section of the TW forum? There are some good ideas and tutorials there.

4. Jan 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM
    ekimerpud

ekimerpud [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have looked in the A&V section, but not much available specific to 2016 3rd gens.

5. Jan 13, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    Metalnut

Metalnut It's a clown world

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCLB 4x4 TRD OR
    BP-51s, UCAs, BAMF sliders, SCS Stealth 6, 285 Wildpeaks, HIDs, LEDs, custom grille, hard top.
    In this thread: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/jbl-or-stock-audio.406397/

@blkbelt42 mentioned that he installed the following components:

The sub is a JL Audio 10WX
    Enclosure is Audio Enhancers RS38
    JL Audio C2690tx
    Alpine MRV-F300

As a JL Audio fan myself, I'm likely going to do the same, though may go with a different amp. The C2 series doesn't break the bank and should sound better than the factory JBL system too.

6. Jan 14, 2016 at 12:55 AM
    TBayRay

TBayRay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad dub
    Im in the process of a audio swapout right now. I guess i mightve had a runt for stock speakers, cuz mine suck.
    Im gradually doing mine... Work ties up my time, then its dark when i get home so i reckon the weekends the only time i can work on it...
    Im also lining with a sound deadening material, so im taking my sweet time...
    Ive got a thread started:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tampabayrays-infernoaudiochangeout.407945/

Products Discussed in

To Top