1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP!! MY WINDOWS AND LOCKS WONT WORK?!?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by adamv22, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    adamv22

adamv22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    6" Rough Country lift, Toyota roof rack, Tepui RTT, Hidden 12000lb winch Pioneer 6.1 DVD stereo, Cobra III CB radio,
    Ok so heres the deal, i did the DIY leather armrest mod, and once i was done i go to reinstall the door panels and connect the electrical harness' and now all of a sudden none of my power windows or locks work. if i lock it manually, it unlocks itself, and i have almost every light i can think of on the dash, check engine, maint req'd seatbelt, door ajar, you name it. I was pretty carefull when i disconnected the harnesses but Im pretty lost when it comes to electrical and i have 4 days to figure this out before i have to go back to work, please help!!

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Sounds like the harness is not fully connected to me, but I'm not an electrical wizard either.

Or.....

Maybe you pulled too hard on the harness getting it apart and pulled one of the wires out of the harness just enough that it's not making contact?

Either way, the first I would do is pull everything back apart and start checking connections.......

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    Start looking for a pinched wire, or see if by chance a button on the remote is cocked and stuck depressed.

BTW, what was the armrest mod? That's what I'm most suspicious of.

RZ Rob

4. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    adamv22

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    6" Rough Country lift, Toyota roof rack, Tepui RTT, Hidden 12000lb winch Pioneer 6.1 DVD stereo, Cobra III CB radio,
    the armrest mod is just replacing the crappy factory armrest fabric in the door panel with leather, it looks waaaaayyyy better. except now i cant put my windows up or lock my truck lol

5. Jun 12, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    adamv22

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    I got it, turns out the driver side harness wasnt fully clipped, im an idiot.

6. Jun 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    adamv22

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    ya ill put some up tonight

Products Discussed in

To Top