1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! Need to replace the clutch in my 06 @ 65,000 miles!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by snorola, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    snorola

snorola [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    So I was driving home from work on Friday, my truck/clutch has been running fine and I went to change gear and my clutch would not dissengage.

I drove it to the dealership on Sunday with no clutch and had them look at it. They said there is no problem with the hydrolics or linkages so the problem is inside the clutch. It has never slipped or had any problems.

They want $1850!!! to install a new clutch kit.

The original only lasted 110,000kms which is bullshit, what are my options?

Any reviews on the URD stuff? A stage 2 is $460 and surely I could get it installed for $500 or something?

2. Mar 7, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Edit: You might have someone pump your clutch pedal while you go underneath and watch the clutch fork for movement. Not sure I would trust their diagnostics with that ridiculous estimate.

1850 is highway robbery. Five or six hours of labor at 90-100 bucks an hour plus parts. I know the clutch kits are expensive on these, but as you said the URD parts are under 500. The stealer has earned their name in your case.

Products Discussed in

To Top