1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help please!

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Asdfghjkl123, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Nov 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    Asdfghjkl123

Asdfghjkl123 [OP] 2010tacomadoublecabv6

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma double cab v6 sr5
    Oem
    So I am very aware that this is a Tacoma forum but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. So I went to put gas on my moms 1998 ml320 at shell and overfilled it by accident so when I arrived home and my mom went to work I notice a substantial leak of gas on the parking lot and now I'm wondering what did I do...... Could anyone provide information please

2. Nov 27, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    Notoneiota

Notoneiota Claud Bawls molested my cat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oakdale & Grand Rapids, MN
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Mostly stock with a few minor mods.
    What you did is overfilled it. The real question is what is going to happen down the line? By overfilling the tank you've probably forced some liquid gas down the evaporative emissions vent lines. You may have soaked the charcoal canister that filters the fumes. Worst case, the evap system throws a trouble code and the engine runs crappy until you fix it. My guess is that it will throw a code and run just fine and you may have to live with a bunged up evap system. For now, drive it and see what happens. Only other option you have is stick a siphon in there and take a little gas out, but the damage has already been done. I'd just drive it and not do ot again.

Products Discussed in

To Top