1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help removing / installing Coilovers.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by TacoSauceHB, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Nov 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM
    TacoSauceHB

TacoSauceHB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Rathdrum, ID
    Vehicle:
    2017 _TRD Off-Road DCLB 4X4 Tech Package
    King 2.5 ext travel, Camburg uniball UCA, SCS Ray10 wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper STT Pro's, CMC , MBRP exhaust, K&N cai , OVTune 1.05 , T-rex billet grill, Rigid DS Pro ditch lights, SDHQ ditch light brackets, Leer 100XQ Shell, ShmellFab Sliders, Victory 4x4 Roof rack, LED headlights. SOS Concepts bumper, Smittybilt X20 Winch, Nitro 5,29 gears, ECGS clamshell bushing.
    Hey guys,

I am normally a DIY person , however I am 1/2 through moving out of state and have all my tools up in Idaho. I need to remove my King 2.5 CO's and drop them off at King for a week then re install them. The shock cylinder broke loose and spins in unison with the collar and the guy at King said 100% it needs to be taken apart and re sealed to avoid damage. He said he will need the shocks for a full week..... with that being said I have no tools, not even a floor jack with me, but I need to get this done asap. If anyone lives near Huntington Beach and willing to help me out ill provide cold beers and lunch. Looking to do this on a Sunday so I can drop them off first thing Monday morning.

Thank you in advance.
    Brian (714) 325-4130

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Nov 7, 2018 at 10:54 PM
    heffer

heffer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '15 Magnetic Grey 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Icon Extended Travel, SPC control Arms, OME Dakars, B110's
    If I get over this cold, I'm down to help you out

3. Nov 8, 2018 at 7:55 AM
    TacoSauceHB

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Rathdrum, ID
    Vehicle:
    King 2.5 ext travel, Camburg uniball UCA, SCS Ray10 wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper STT Pro's, CMC , MBRP exhaust, K&N cai , OVTune 1.05 , T-rex billet grill, Rigid DS Pro ditch lights, SDHQ ditch light brackets, Leer 100XQ Shell, ShmellFab Sliders, Victory 4x4 Roof rack, LED headlights. SOS Concepts bumper, Smittybilt X20 Winch, Nitro 5,29 gears, ECGS clamshell bushing.
    I do not have any of my OEM stuff... so it will be sitting on jack stands for a week lol

4. Nov 8, 2018 at 8:43 AM
    sdsurfer

sdsurfer @ODNAREM life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirk
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    DCSB TRD 4X4
    5100s/OME 888s. Dakar leaf pack. Total Chaos UCAs. DeMello Sliders. BAMF Recessed Grille. Prinsu Cabrack and Toprack.
    Off topic... What takes you to Idaho? I know I'm hoping to move somewhere more affordable and less politically liberal once my kid graduates HS. I love SoCal (born and raised SD native) but it's getting out of control from a RE affordability and tax perspective.

Lord Helmet and tcjacado like this.
  5. Nov 8, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    TacoSauceHB

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Rathdrum, ID
    Vehicle:
    #1. Liberals and laws
    #2. Cost of living, SFR houses near the bear are not affordable.
    #3. Traffic commute is driving me insane
    #4. The people are getting worse, more road rage, more crime, more homeless and druggies.
    #5. I am tired of the warm/hot weather. I love cold and snow and real weather with seasons.
    #6. I want to live somewhere I do not have to vacation from.
    #7. More country, less city.

That's just the main reasons haha there's plenty of other reasons still, but we just fell in love with Norther Idaho.

Lord Helmet and sdsurfer[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Nov 8, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    sdsurfer

sdsurfer @ODNAREM life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirk
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    DCSB TRD 4X4
    5100s/OME 888s. Dakar leaf pack. Total Chaos UCAs. DeMello Sliders. BAMF Recessed Grille. Prinsu Cabrack and Toprack.
    My sentiments exactly. Good luck in your new location. Maybe I'll see you up there in a few years... LOL...

Products Discussed in

To Top