1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help. Stock radio won't turn off at all.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ariesgtturbo, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Jun 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM
    Ariesgtturbo

Ariesgtturbo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro - Midnight Black
    17" Black Rhino Mint Wheels 265/70/17 Falcon WildPeak A/T3W Tires Victory 4x4 Roof Rack SoftTopper Bed Cap - Black
    I hooked up an amp using the grey ignition wire. The amp turns on fine, but will not shut off, and now my radio won't turn off either. It's like the amp is back-powering the radio ignition. Weird.

What SHOULD I connect my amp remote wire to so it properly turns on and off with the ignition?

2. Jun 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    Ariesgtturbo

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    17" Black Rhino Mint Wheels 265/70/17 Falcon WildPeak A/T3W Tires Victory 4x4 Roof Rack SoftTopper Bed Cap - Black
    Any advice is greatly appreciated. It's going to be a long, quiet drive to work tomorrow. Lol

3. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:23 AM
    Ariesgtturbo

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    I wanted to inform everyone of my solution.

It seemed as if the amp was back-feeding the radio ignition power. Once I disconnected the amps remote, the radio turned off.

In the end, I took the remote wire off the radios ignition power and connected it to one of the cigarette lighter power outlets. Kind of a pain in the ass to get the back of it to solder the remote wire to it, but it now works great.

4. Jul 26, 2020 at 9:17 AM
    Errorsix

Errorsix Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ernest
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    I am having the same issue with my amp backpowering the ignition wire. I disconnected the blue remote wire from the grey wire and connected it to the purple cigarette lighter cable. I am still having the same problem when I turn the engine/acccessory off: the accessories stay on. In this mode I removed the blue wire from the cigarette wire and tapped it the black wire. This got everything turned off.

Can you tell me what you used to ground your amp? I am hoping to get this solved.

Products Discussed in

To Top