1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP truck won't start

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ARTaco06, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Oct 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    ARTaco06

ARTaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2006 4WD DCSB 3" lift HIDs
    Black Powdercoated steps, bullbar, and bumper, BHLM, HID highs/lows, fogs, off roads, 3" lift plasti dipped badges
    I added some back up lights to my new bumper seemed like a breeze. I never disconnected the battery. checked the lights all good. went to start the truck and it acts like the battery is dead,it isn't, when I did manage to start it by giving extra throttle the hazards were flashing, I killed it removed the key from the ignition and the alarm started going off. now it's not starting at all. obviously not a dead battery seems like a security thing. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ID LOVE TO HEAR THEM.

2. Oct 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    scocar

scocar Not one of the 10,000 Baja Edition Elite Guard

Member:
    First Name:
    Glitterdick
    In close proximity to an undisclosed location
    Vehicle:
    01 Xcab TRD 4x4 V6 Man. SR5
    OME 881s, Dakars, greasable shackles, Nitrocharger sports, extended exhaust hanger, BAMF BPV relocate, Wheeler's extended brake line, rear diff breather mod, swaybar removed, Pilot backup lights, Redline hood struts, 4Runner 5-stars, Hidden Hitch Class III, 7-pin marine-grade wiring
    Need more detail.

How did you wire the lights? Are they tapped into your reverse light circuit, or did you wire them from somewhere else with a relay and a switch in the cab?

Trace your connections and tell us where each new wire for the lights is connected to the truck.

3. Oct 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 limited dcsb
    try disconnecting battery than reconnect after a few minutes

4. Oct 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    ARTaco06

ARTaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2006 4WD DCSB 3" lift HIDs
    Black Powdercoated steps, bullbar, and bumper, BHLM, HID highs/lows, fogs, off roads, 3" lift plasti dipped badges
    thanks guys I got it working. I left it disconnected for 30 mins and put a brand new ever start maxx in. I left my aux lights unhooked just in case.its running like a champ no alarm funny business. As for the bumper lights I went direct to the battery through a switch all connections were good ill mess with it again this weekend when I can. thanks again

To Top