1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help understanding the Law

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by PVT Pablo, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Nov 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo [OP]

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Hello All!

So I'm trying to understand Washington State RCW's regarding firearms and I'm a little confused. My intent is to loan a pistol to my girlfriend for use in self defense while she's at her apartment and I'm not there. The issue however is that she is only 20. Is this legal? I would hate for something to happen then she gets punished. She won't ever be taking it anywhere and it will just be staying in the apartment.

Thanks!
    Heres the RCW's regarding firearms if someone is so inclined. I couldn't find a law anywhere stating this was illegal. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

*as a side note, I read the rule saying no politics, hopefully this doesn't constitute as politics.

EDIT- Well nevermind, further reading answered my question. If anyone else was curious, a person 18-21 may have possession of a pistol in their home, buisness, or property under their control.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Nov 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    NYNURSE

NYNURSE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Rye, NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    Tonneau cover Window tint
    I would consult a criminal lawyer or an ADA before doing anything of that nature. She is not your spouse or child. The pistol is not under your control or supervision. Assuming she has a spotless record, she probably wouldn't get jammed for using it in a self defense situation. You however, own the gun and are responsible for it. A good civil liability lawyer would have a field day with this. I won't even go into the possibility of her discharging it accidentally or criminally.

Products Discussed in

To Top