1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! What was your plate bumper turnaround time?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chris135, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Apr 18, 2012 at 5:45 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Well since I crashed my truck I'm thinking I'll take the opportunity to upgrade to a plate bumper. However the time it takes to be delivered from the date I order it is going to play a large part in the decision process. I work in a shop so I'll be getting my truck in fairly quick and will need the bumper in hand before I can have my truck back. I've only emailed relentless fab cause their aluminum bumper is my first choice. That was a couple days ago with no response.

So my questions to you guys is this:

What front bumper did you get?
    How much was it, including/excluding options?
    How long did it take to receive from the date of order?
    How was the customer service?
    Are you happy with it?

I've already looked at all the websites from the bumper thread. Looking for your guys' input here. Also if you have any additional pics and want to show off your rig now would be a great time :D

2. Apr 18, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    Chris135

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Also shipping to Canada is a must!

3. Apr 18, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    ARB
    $1200
    Drove to IPOR and picked it up/no wait time
    Customer service was awesome so I spent thousands on a few other goodies they had.
    Absolutely

4. Apr 18, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    If your more concerned with time then getting a true custom bumper from a small shop the decision is simple......choose a off the shelf ARB and be done.

As far as I know BruteForce and CBI are the only shops with what used to be quick turn around times.

Your one man shows like Relentless and ATO have long lead times so don't even waste your time asking them.

IMO I would wait for what I wanted after considering all the options (what I did).

5. Apr 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    Chris135

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Enzo and xxxx. Arb is one of the bumpers on my short list for that reason. Bruteforce is another one I really like. Interested to see everyone else's opinions on this subject.

6. Apr 18, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    The only reason I would go with ARB and not Brute Force, would be the air bag testing that ARB has done. Otherwise it is too heavy for my liking. I personally think the new hybrid design BF just made is the best looking. yes it takes time, but cost and quality are worth it to me.

7. Apr 18, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Crumple zones have nothing to do with air bag deployment. The Tacoma's air bags are initiated by a swift change in inertia.

All OP needs to do to be sure he doesn't get his ass sued should he get into an accident is check his state laws concerning what is required and considered a legal on-road bumper.

In my state you can strap a wood 4x4 to the front/rear of your truck and it's a legal bumper.

In closing if you meet your states criteria for a bumper (any bumper) the air bag testing/DOT approval ARB has done are pretty much useless.

8. Apr 19, 2012 at 5:22 AM
    Chris135

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    Bump. Emailed a couple places, just waiting for replies

9. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    My apologies, I meant crash tests, air bag tests is incorrect

10. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    All Pro. Probably about 1k shipped and powder coated. My powder cost did cost more than usual tho. And I had it 3 days after ordering, worked with Kurtis and has great customer service.

11. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    steve103

steve103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    santa cruz ca
    Vehicle:
    07 taco
    arb bumper,bilstein shocks,886 ome springs,ar mojove rims,2optima batteries,custom electrial.on board air,cb,14gal frontrunner water tank,frontrunner roofrack
    last i heard is rentless was 6 month wait,at best.

12. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
  13. Apr 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM
    korslite

korslite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    My Brute force bumpers arrived exactly 6 weeks after i ordered and paid. That was for front and rear though, the front was done well before that, I waited to have them shipped together to keep cost down. 6wks seems to be on the shorter end for wait times on one man shops as has been mentioned already. Very happy with it so far.

14. Apr 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Chris135

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    Damn that sounds like super fast turnaround time. they must have everything premade and ready to go. They are definitely at the top of the list right now. Just waiting for a response from them and a response from my insurance company. As far as i know they haven't even looked at my truck yet. but as soon as they do i can get it in the shop that day so a bumper on demand would be a great thing!

15. Apr 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Ordered Monday and had it Thursday, soci guess 4 days. But yeah blew my mind how fast it got here.

Products Discussed in

To Top