1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help With 5 lug Non Pre Lift

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by bparham, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sep 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    bparham

bparham [OP] Active Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    03 Non-Pre
    3" spindle lift, power bass extreme speakers and tweeters, pioneer deck, kicker sub, 2000 W speaker amp, 3600 W sub amp, weather gaurds, DT headers, Gibson exhaust, URD short shifter, URD CAI, URD/Volcom/Electric/Sexy_Eyes Decals, window tint, Viper Alarm system
    Hi I have a 3' spindle lift on my truck. It was like that when I bought it but I want to make it higher if I can. Can I add spacers to it? Can those go together? Are there any other options for a higher lift?

2. Sep 19, 2009 at 10:48 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    with a spindle lift you can do whatever you want to the shocks except coil lift on top of coil lift. example: dont do coil lift and spacer, one or the other

3. Sep 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM
    bparham

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    03 Non-Pre
    3" spindle lift, power bass extreme speakers and tweeters, pioneer deck, kicker sub, 2000 W speaker amp, 3600 W sub amp, weather gaurds, DT headers, Gibson exhaust, URD short shifter, URD CAI, URD/Volcom/Electric/Sexy_Eyes Decals, window tint, Viper Alarm system
    What is a coil lift? How do I know if I have it? And a guy told me I have a spindle lift, what do I look for to verify it?

I just want to be able to figure out what I have and then what or if I can add, I know its a hard question because you arent looking at the truck but all help is appreciated.

4. Sep 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    coil lift is what goes over the shock.

you can measure from the center of your wheel to the top of the fender and compare that to the stock height by going to a dealership or something.

maybe take a picture of the front fender well (not spelled right) and maybe we can tell from that if you got the spindles. spindles are significantly more beafier and bigger than the stock spindles. what year is you truck?

5. Sep 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    bparham

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    03 Non-Pre
    I have a 03 non-pre standard cab 2.4L. All they really make for this truck is the spindles and the spacers, I heard there was a lift kit but it was discontinued. Do spacers go above or below the coil? I will be sure to take a picture and get it up.

Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top