1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with choosing tires .

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by OldGeezer42, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Feb 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    OldGeezer42

OldGeezer42 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Silver Base
    Husky mats,30% tint all around, DTRL,OEM Bed mat,UWS Tool box,OEM fog lights,5100's,Wheelers 3leaf HD springs.OEM cruise control,OEM wipers,,Avid light bar,Flyzeye Leds,4x4 illuminated switch.Matt123 skids,bed lights,Ome 884s
    I'm new to the 2nd gens Tacoma's , I recently purchased a 2007 DCLB base. I'm doing the Billy's at the 4 corners,front set at 1.75, adding 3 leaf progressive in rear,also picked up some trd wheels to replace the steel stockers, I'm in the market for tires , since you guys come from God's country like me, I would like your opinions on tires, I do go off road, but mostly muddy,rudded gravel roads where I hunt. I do travel to the midwest to hunt also, so I also need a good traveling tire .I looked at The Cooper AT3s ,like them, could I get any other ideas ,Thanks

2. Feb 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    blake5995

blake5995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L
    I will keep buying AT3s as long as i have my truck i have gone through 3 different brands and i like the price and performance of the AT3s. Do it you wont look back

3. Feb 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    I love the nitto Terra grappler. they ride good on the road(i have load range E) do good in rain, dirt, gravel, snow(1” to even 8” of snow) I have almost 10k on them and not much wear at all.. I have on road and off road driving with them. They are pretty good in mud. now when you start getting in deep (8 or 10”+) of mud just use more skinny peddle.
    back in jan i did a 650 or so mile trip with them pretty much all highway. and had stuff in the bed both on the way and way back. I was kinda surprised at how well they rode on a long trip.

4. Feb 23, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    SCConstable

SCConstable Member

Member:
    Carolinas
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB 4x4 SR5 TRD
    I've had BFG ATs on my Fords for years, and you can't beat them for an all around tire. Great off road, reasonably quiet on road, & I got 60-80k miles out of each set. If I still did the offroad thing, this would be my tire.

Products Discussed in

To Top