1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Kenwood 5140 PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by gixxer73, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Nov 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    gixxer73

gixxer73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma double cab SR5 4x4
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.
    I have almost mastered all of it but can not figure out how to pre set stations and how to surf through preset stations???????????????????

Also anyone have a price on the LR UCA's group buys??

When making a right turn with some speed I have this big time rubbing noise and I can feel it in the steering wheel as well as hear a series of beeps. I have the ultimate lift by toytec with 285's.. Where i hear and feel the rubbing there is no evidence of rubbing?? Oh yeah have spidertrax spacers also. Will stock uca's be causing this due to me being fresh out of caster adjustment with my current set up?????

2. Nov 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Pm Nuebs about the price for the LR UCA's. And they won't post the price on TW so they don't get in trouble with the companies that make them.
    It's the group buy in the top right corner of the home page.

3. Nov 2, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    spidertraxx, ultimate lift kit by Toytec, LR UCA's. Kenwood 5140 Double Din, WeatherTec Floor Liners. Custom Box Build for 12 Inch PS3 with Punch 250. 15% tint all but front winshield, which is 35%, Katskinz Leather, SR5 Sockmonkey Decals, BLacked out badges, blacked out wheels, LED third light.
    thanks, just sent Nuebs the pm, any ideas on the rest of my post:confused::confused::confused:

4. Nov 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I would think the owner's manual would tell you how to preset stations.

5. Nov 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    gixxer73

Member:
    First Name:
    darren
    kodak, tn
    Vehicle:
    well ya know man if it stated it that plainly and I was having zero problems understanding the directions then I probably would not be on here looking for a little help. Not really sure why you have to sound like a smartass. I was simply having a little difficulty with the directions and ask for help thinking I maybe missing something, something I'm sure you have never been guilty of with your infinite wisdom Dexter.

6. Nov 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    No sarcasm intended, so my apologies if you read my post as such. I assumed you did not have the manual. I tried to search for the manual online but did not have any luck. I did notice there are topics on Kenwood HUs on AVS Forums.

As far as your presets are concerned most radios learn by holding down a buttion so that the radio stores that button as the preset. When you change it to the tuner function are there buttons that come up on the display screen. Can you press and hold a button for an extended length to see if this solves your dilemma.

Products Discussed in

To Top