1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with pricing

Discussion in 'Canada' started by grant99, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dec 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    grant99

grant99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    Hey guys/gals

It has come time to look at selling my taco (I want to get into automotive racing and I'm in need a diesel to pull my 8.5x20 enclosed car trailer to and from races), I have a few things done to it making it hard for me to come up to a price for selling it. I was hoping that someone on here might be able to help with whether I'm off my rocker on my pricing or not. . details on the truck;

I WILL NOT PART OUT THE TRUCK

2005 DCSB, 4.0L, 4X4, 6spd TRD Sport, Silver
    222,000km (this is the thing that has me questioning my pricing)

Extras; (everything is less than 1yr old, less than 10K)
    TRD Super charger
    K&N open intake system
    Icon extended travel front and rears
    Dakar rear leafs
    Desert Products upper control arms
    new powder coated black front calipers
    EBC sloted rotors/yellow pads
    Front retro headlamps/HID's
    badgeless grill (sprayed in line-x)
    All Pro Front plate bumper (sprayed in line-x)
    Metal Miller front skid (sprayed in line-x)
    Bushwacker pocket style flares (sprayed in line-x)
    Bottoms of the truck, rear bumper, and trailer hitch sprayed in black line x (all Line -X items painted black so will not fade)
    Pioneer Avic 710 navi
    Magnaflow under box exhaust
    Electric fan conversion
    09+ tail lights
    Brand new 2012 take off tail gate with reverse camera hooked up to pioneer navi
    floor liner system (huskey liners in front, weathetech in rear)
    extang trifecta tonneau cover
    General Grabber AT2's (like new)

Items not installed that I would love to go as a combo deal;
    APR X1 (with new cam gears/thermo)
    URD pulley
    DT Coated Long tube headers
    ** these weren't installed because I never got around to installing my walboro pump

Overall I would say the truck is a 8 / 10 due to the previous owners neglect for smoking/tool placement in the truck (previous work truck) but I removed the entire interior of the truck and cleaned EVERYTHING. I own a detailing service and I baby my vehicles. I am also an Amsoil dealer so ever fluid has been changed with Amsoil syn and the previous owner stated the same about royal purple.

The truck is presently covered with a full truck wrap with my logo's on it, I get lots of people stopping me at traffic lights and well, everywhere I drive to compliment me on the truck. I can have my logos removed and have the basic background of the wrap reinstalled or just strip the wrap and let the truck be silver. I didn't install pics of the truck due to my logo's I want to make sure that the market will give me what I'm hoping for the truck before I throw it up for sale. I don't have to sell the truck, I do really like it, but I don't think I "need" to own three trucks, four cars and two motorcycles. lol

Now what I have come up with pricing on the truck, the truck with no parts with this kinda K's should go in southwestern ON for $14-15K

add all the parts (I don't wanna total them up) I was hoping to ask $22-23,000 depending on parts and wrap options picked. . I can't find a truck with this option list to compare so. .

what does everyone think?? I'm sure there will be trollers out there saying $5g's but I would love some honest input.

Thanks!!

2. Dec 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    Dustyroades

Dustyroades Well-Known Member

Member:
    London, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport
    It has always been my understanding that you won't get much if anything for installed aftermarket parts. Even if you find someone who wants exactly what your truck has, they won't pay anywhere close to new prices for the extras.

3. Dec 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    grant99

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    I agree, but I figure that there is likely interest in the supercharger and the suspension. I'm sure the others will be personal tastes. If I was thinking I would get I had invested I would be close or over $30g's lol

4. Dec 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    exwrx

exwrx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walkerton, ont
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver DC Taco TRD
    stock
    probably $17k-18.5k for your truck... never know who will want it though!!!

5. Dec 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    grant99

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    ya thats what I'm hoping for, someone with similar tastes in mods. I think I'm gonna list it for $20,900 and see what I get for offers. As I said I don't have to sell it, but it would put me in a better diesel than what I would be looking at without selling it.

thanks again for the input

6. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    geost1

geost1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Cat back exhaust K&N Air Filter
    Realistically I think your expectations are a little high. IF you find a buyer with similar tastes in Mods they may pay a $1000 - $2000 premium, and that's a big if. Most buyers are going to be looking at the same thing, average price and condition of the vehicle. They will have access to the same pricing date, KBB and Edmunds.com to name a few, that you will. Further, since they are buying used you can expect price to be one of the main deciding factors.

Sorry to be pessimistic here but I've personally known guys that have made the same assumptions. They buy a vehicle, spend thousands modding it out, and then assume the mods ADD value to the market price. When they go to sell though they found out that modding doesn't necessary increase the value of the vehicle, in some cases they got BELOW market value. :eek:

Either way at the end of the day your truck is going to be worth what someone will pay you for it. I wish you the best of luck selling it and hope your experience is better that others I've know in similar situations.

7. Dec 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    grant99

Member:
    London, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 4DR TRD Sport 6SPD
    I agree. I've modded pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned (39 at this point, hope to be 40 soon with the diesel) so ya I know what you're saying, most I strip to stock and sell that way and parts separate,but honestly don't wanna invest the time stripping it, and some stuff I don't have (suspension, fender flares etc) and there are things that are now part of the truck permanently like the line-x lol

that being said, if I can't get the price I want, I'll keep it and just buy the diesel to add to the collection. its a great advertisement for my business anyway :)

thanks again for the input

8. Dec 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    geost1

geost1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Cat back exhaust K&N Air Filter
    Honestly, that's probably your best option anyway. Tacos are great trucks that run forever. It may not be realistic to sell at this point but maybe a few years down the road...

Besides if you sell your Taco we'd have to kick you off the forum! :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top