1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with ROI??

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by mblkh2o, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:32 PM
    mblkh2o

mblkh2o [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 Black Tacoma TRD Crew Cab
    2.5 inch Bilstein 5100 lift and 3 leaf progressive springs w/Pro Comp 69 series wheels and BFGoodrich K/O2 265/75R16's
    Hi everyone,
    Im in the process of buying a bread route and I'm not good with numbers and profit and loss projections and stuff but I was wondering if I could get some free help with this topic? ROI, return on investment, I don't quite get it exactly and I don't get Pnl either so any help I would appreciate it, I searched online and I still don't understand it??
    Please pm me
    Thanks guys

2. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:36 PM
    Chunk

Chunk I smell Ice Cream!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB OR
    Baby Ruth
    Don't do it.

wilcam47, TS4x4 and Skulky_Zebra like this.
  3. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:45 PM
    mblkh2o

mblkh2o [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 Black Tacoma TRD Crew Cab
    2.5 inch Bilstein 5100 lift and 3 leaf progressive springs w/Pro Comp 69 series wheels and BFGoodrich K/O2 265/75R16's
    Why's that??

4. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:46 PM
    TS4x4

TS4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad
    Friday isn't until tomorrow

wilcam47 likes this.
  5. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:48 PM
    Skulky_Zebra

Skulky_Zebra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB OR
    You'll probably lose all your money. If these things are overwhelming for you then buying this business is probably not a good idea.

wilcam47, Chunk and TS4x4 like this.
  6. Jul 14, 2022 at 1:55 PM
    Chunk

Chunk I smell Ice Cream!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB OR
    Baby Ruth
    If you don’t understand the lingo, it’s probably not a smart idea… especially after googling with no success on the simplicity of ROI and PNL. I’m not trying to be mean, just trying to help as you asked.

Matter of fact is someone probably holds your route in a pyramid scheme type situation. You bought it from them, you do the work and you pay them for the route. They pay another person, that person pays another.

Unless you’re working directly with a distributor, don’t do it.

Skulky_Zebra, wilcam47 and Pablo8 like this.
  7. Jul 14, 2022 at 2:19 PM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Sport 4X4 MT AC
    OVT, 4.88, ADM, F&R ARB lock, KO2's, RWD L MOD
    Bread route?

I assume this is a brand name or ???

DIY the whole way?

I can help a bit, but seems like there may be a standardized workbook in place so not to get lost in the details.

For example Amsoil is EASY. Only need to keep track of COGS for local sales, income from those sales and any deductions of course. All my online Amsoil does the work and sends me a monthly check (with zero WH)

Sick Bike Parts LLC major PITA at first, still not easy 14 years in. I hate keeping the books, going to close shop this year and enjoy life more.........

You will have spoilage. Probably a decent number. You will need to decide on how you want to handle that, I'm guessing.

wilcam47 likes this.
  8. Jul 14, 2022 at 2:23 PM
    rnish

rnish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Maryland (USA)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2nd gen
    King's, Camburg UCA, Dirt King LCA, armor
    Are you borrowing money to finance this business? Regardless. A high percentage of new businesses fail in a few years because they are undecapitalized. That is they run out of cash and borrowed money.

ROI. Determine how much you will make from the businesses. Subtract taxes, operating expenses (e.g., capital equipment, salaries, insurance, etc). If there is money left over this is a positive return (generally good, how much leftover depends on how good).

An example of a bad ROI is people that borrowed money for school and get degrees that does not allow them to pay the debt back. A negative return. Generally bad.

TheDevilYouLove and Pablo8 like this.
  9. Jul 15, 2022 at 5:10 AM
    ToyoTaco25

ToyoTaco25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Super-White DCSB 6-Speed
    ProComp 4" D-Bag, I mean Drop Bracket Lift, AMP Research Powersteps, 285/70-R17’s, Magnaflow, AFE CAI, Dipped Badges
    So, the loafs of bread on the shelfs at the grocery stores are stocked by 3rd party people, not the store itself. It's kinda like consignment I guess? You "buy" the bread route (i.e. the right to stock the shelfs at that store(s)). I don't know exactly how it works, but I had a friend in the bread delivery business and he done well for himself, but like was said above if you're not working directly for distributor it may not pay as much. Not sure if this is what you were asking.

Skulky_Zebra likes this.
  10. Jul 15, 2022 at 5:31 AM
    Pablo8

Pablo8 Here!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Everson WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Sport 4X4 MT AC
    OVT, 4.88, ADM, F&R ARB lock, KO2's, RWD L MOD
    Yes pretty much paints a better picture.

Avoid. Maybe.

How much for the route? Truck? (You can't use your Prius) No storage involved I HOPE.

How binding is contract? (ALL ways)

What other expenses?

What kind of margin are they giving?

Huge up front, small margin, plenty of risk............

ROI may be the least of the worries here, IMHO.

11. Jul 29, 2022 at 9:07 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    depending on how much capital you are throwing at this, how much leverage you will use to finance continued operations, and how much you are able to to lose without being forced to live in a cardboard box (that answer should be 100%), you should probably consult an accountant if you dont know how to dissect a P&L. And not a mom and pop book keeper your friend knows, you need to consult someone who has actual controller level experience. Be very weary about over paying for this. Is it literally just the route? Is it the whole business? Does it come with assets? Why is it up for sale?

Products Discussed in

To Top