1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with stereo electrical issue...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bretsuaz48, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Trying to help out a fellow Tacoma owner. He bought a truck that had previously had after market stereo equipment in it that the previous owner removed before he sold it. All the wiring was left behind. He hooked his amp up, and is now having problems. Truck will not start and there is no power to the stereo.

Checked all the fuses in the fuse box, and they seem fine. Where are the other fuses located that we need to check and where are they located? What should we check?

Thanks,
    Bret

2. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Maybe could have fried a relay?

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Fuse box under the hood and one by the left kick panel

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    I assume your friend carefully inspected the aftermarket wiring left behind by the previous owner...assuming the last guy did it right is like expecting to win the lotto twice in 1 day...or atleast thats been my experience.

5. Jul 14, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    if it's not starting, I would check the high amperage fuses, if an ignition fuse blew you might have trouble starting. is it cranking or do you get nothing? let me know any additional info you have like what you installed....radio, amplifier, etc. Also let me know where the amplifier is fused and where it is grounded and what year it is and I should be able to help you out a little more.

Products Discussed in

To Top