1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with what susp lift to buy!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CSTC, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dec 22, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    CSTC

CSTC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    BF Goodrich All Terrains
    Hey amigos, got a question:

I recently went into the toyota dealership to check out the severe bottoming out that I am feeling in the rear springs. After checking it out, the dealer said that it was actually the leaf springs that were messed up or something... regardless, to fix the problem, he quoted me $2000 with labor.

I thought to myself, HELL NO. I can buy a lift for that much...

So, I now come to you all, seeking answers to my question: With about 2500 bucks, what is the best (2.5 in) suspension lift I should go for? I have looked around and it seems that fox and king are good, and yet billys seem to be a popular thing too. But, I would like to buy everything needed for the lift with about 2500... So, your help is really needed!

2. Dec 22, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    There is a TSB (tech service bulletin) for that problem and it sounds like your dealer just quoted the cost of that TSB. They take out a 3 leaf spring and replace it with a 4 leaf spring.
    Your truck may be too old to qualify (3 years/36K) for this free upgrade.

Anyway, with a $2500 budget you can put a nice suspension under your truck.
    You should tell us how you use your truck and if you want to lift it.

3. Dec 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    CSTC

CSTC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    BF Goodrich All Terrains
    I definitely want to lift it. I'm thinking about a 2.5" for mostly on road and occasional offroad performance. What u think I aught to get?

4. Dec 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Banned from the Pics Thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed
    ^
    In all honesty it depends what you wanna do with your truck, if you want to sacrifice plushness and what-not...

Countless threads cover these things and really there is no one answer fits all solution.

For $2500 you could do some really nice lifting and have money to spare unless you are looking to turn your truck into a desert bashing, rock-crawling, legendary bad-ass...

For the money and what I've read on here, 5100's and Eibach coils up front, Dakar leaf pack on the rear with 5125 shocks and have money left over for whatever other mods U want.

5. Dec 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I'd check out a full Old Man Emu kit. Nitrochargers all around, 885x coils up front and a Dakar leaf pack for the rear. Pick your choice of upper control arms to avoid alignment issues, get rear axle shims and you're good to go.

Fox, King and Icon are a better product but very expensive. Personally, I wouldn't go with one of those unless you need that level of perfomance or adjustability.

Products Discussed in

To Top