1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HHO/MAF Issues!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Matthew38, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Jul 9, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    Matthew38

Matthew38 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Stuart, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 2.4L 2WD
    HHO Generator for fuel savings.
    I recently had a HHO generator installed on my 97 tacoma. After installation the motor seemed to run more smoothly but I did not notice any performance increase as claimed by some users. Later, I installed a MAF/MAP sensor enhancing device which is supposed to allow the engine to be leaned from the cab while driving. The device has 2 knobs, one for highway and one for city driving, and a switch to change between the 2 modes. Since installing the enhancing device the engine is running rough and has poor top end performance. Adjusting the mixture or switching back and forth between Hwy. and City does nothing. My mechanic says that my truck has a MAF sensor which he has not had much luck using this device. Anyone have any suggestions before I remove it. I am not happy about this because the HHO generator works best with this device installed. People who have MAP sensors have not had problems with the enhancing device. Helpful comments appreciated.

2. Jul 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the maf is a sensor in ur intake tubing before the throttle body. u should see the wires going to the intake tube...but y its not working right is beyond me

3. Sep 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    danbis

danbis Dano

Member:
    First Name:
    dan
    Cocoa Beach
    Vehicle:
    01 4X4 TRD w/125K
    100% Royal Purple fluids and K&N intake.
    I tried the same thing a few years ago. A pain in the ass. The new/modern systems adjust themselves to heat, load, and other variables. Study "EFIE" and "PWM". You can not lean out your fuel unless you enhanse it, Like with a HHO set-up.

Products Discussed in

To Top