1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi...car owner looking to getinto a tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by FamouzStarz, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Oct 22, 2007 at 9:55 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz [OP] The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    hey all, i currently own a 07 civic si, but i am looking into getting a tacoma like asap, driving a car is nice great gas mileage and room but just doesnt fit my needs anymore, my question is

whats the diff between a pre-runner & a 4x4 total newbie to trucks here!!! main driving will be more highway & rural, not much towing but hauling i will be doing, sorry just totally lost in the truck buying thanks!!

2. Oct 22, 2007 at 12:02 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Pre-runner has the 4x4 suspension and gear ratio's but is only 2 wheel drive. 4x4 is self explanitory. They are the exact same truck with the same stance and gearing, except the pre-runner is a 4x2. now you just need to decide if you need a 4x4 or not. BTW, welcome to TW!

3. Oct 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    thanks for the welcome!!

thanks for the info, i guess i really need to decide whether a prerunner would fulfill my needs, i dont i see myself using the 4x4 much, but for hunting trips and other ish i could see where it could come in handy :confused:, i dd read over a few threads and noticed that the gas mileage was not that big of a difference now just to make a choice

4. Oct 22, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    The mpg difference between a 4x4 and 4x2 is really not that much, just a couple of mpg. The big decision is whether or not you want to spend the extra money for 4x4. I dont NEED a 4x4 but i definately wanted it. IMO its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. i got it so i can have fun off-road if i want and not worry bout bad weather. I can get out in the snow for a beer run (lets face it, the best thing to do when you have a day off work from snow is to get drunk). If you have the money i would definately get it. If money is tight, then you will be ok without it

5. Oct 22, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    thats what i was thinking, i live in new mexico so the weather in the winter can be dry as can be or like last year stuck at home because my car wouldn't make it out the drive way :(

Products Discussed in

To Top