1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi

Discussion in 'New Members' started by longlost, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Jul 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM
    longlost

longlost [OP] New Member

Member:
    I recently bought a 07 Tacoma, v6, xt cab, towing, first new truck I've every had. Very nice, I like it!

Bad luck yesterday Friday 13th, doors locked, keys inside, these are very difficult vehicles to break into.

I was 300 miles from home, and out in the woods. 25 miles from town, course my cell was inside.

Ended up breaking the slider and just barely snagging the keys off the seat where I left them.

Afte messing around at home with a piece of plexi to fill the hole I was astounded to watch the doors lock by themselves. Anybody seen that before? Do you think it is a programming issues of some sort?

Appreciate any help. Is the back window glued in?

Tks

2. Jul 14, 2007 at 4:47 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    sorry to hear the bad luck. i've seen the doors lock back themselves if i've hit the unlock button and then not open the doors, but i havent seen what u describe.

3. Jul 14, 2007 at 5:24 PM
    nceguystaco

nceguystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    like JHODGE if you hit your remote and unlock doors and you dont open them they will relock but never seen mine lock after opening them

4. Jul 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM
    longlost

longlost [OP] New Member

Member:
    I thought maybe I had sat on the remote. I remember backing the truck up, shutting it off and getting out. Left the door open for a bit and there where a ton of horse flies so I shut the door, went back sometime later and surprise, locked up tite.

5. Jul 15, 2007 at 5:34 PM
    stratton

stratton Well-Known Member

Member:
    my wifes car does that. its a security feature. its in case you forget to lock your car doors. if you just keep them in the igniton it will not lock the doors.

6. Jul 18, 2007 at 8:04 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    as far as the glass goes, i had a lawnmower shoot a rock through one of those back panels a couple weeks after i got my truck. they couldnt replace one panel, they have to replace all the glass in the back because it's a sealed unit and it's expensive as hell. fortunately in SC glass is covered by insurance with no deductible or rate hikes.

Products Discussed in

To Top