1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID hella 700 + 500

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AbePDX, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Jan 25, 2017 at 2:00 AM
    AbePDX

AbePDX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Mica Tacoma TRD OR V6 MT 6
    I know this has been done before, but I wanted to share my experience with this mod.

this is an HID conversion mod overview for the Hella 700 + 500

the mod is basic and straight forward, its an alternative for LED bars and other lights in the market. as I said its been done many times before because its not that expensive, and because its stupid bright! its rewarding.

this is not a guide or a how-to for the mod, but more of an overview, however, at the end I will attach a video that goes through the process step by step.

I have used these lights everywhere I went, on/off road, they are super bright and they look really good on the truck, is something different than the LED bars we see everywhere. my set up consists of a set of the Hella 700 and 500, I got the lights + light bar from 4 wheel parts, they were a little bit more expensive than Amazon but I wanted the parts at the same da, well at least the lights. the HIDs were sourced from the internet, the HIDs are the heart of the whole mod, so get the best that you can. a good HID set will reach maximum output in less time than a normal HID set would. plus the ballasts have an aluminum case instead of plastic.

I would love to mention some info about wiring process, however, for the safety of the TW members I rather not, my wiring skills consists of cutting your self multiple times, shouting, giving up,then realizing that you made a simple mistake, fix it, and repeat. :rofl:

Hella 700 + 500

HID sets

light bar

the process

results

let there be LIGHT!

A photo from my trip to Alvord Desert in southern Oregon

This is not me, I have simply attached this video in case you were wondering how its done!

https://youtu.be/lZGjUcMpUHE

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Jan 30, 2017 at 9:16 PM
    BlindingWhiteTac.

BlindingWhiteTac. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 LQ4 4L80E
    Just the essentials and no extra fluff.
    I have 35watt KC HID Pro sports. They were ~300 for a pair for 8" lights. What was the cost per pair for these?

3. Jan 30, 2017 at 11:04 PM
    AbePDX

AbePDX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Mica Tacoma TRD OR V6 MT 6
    I honestly dont remember the exact numbers, however the 5" with the HID conversion was around 120 for the pair (Hella 500, HID kit, switch, relay, wiring) and for the 7" around 130. so a set of for should not cost you more than 250$

Products Discussed in

To Top