1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hide GPS Wires

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jamesglynn, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    jamesglynn

jamesglynn [OP] James

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road, Dble Cab, Magnetic Gray
    Anyone out there that does not like the GPS wire dangling on your dash, (like I do)? Can someone help me with any ideas on hiding my GPS wire? I have a 2010 Dble Cab. Also, is there a way to run the wire straight to the fuse box. I would like to do this to basically hide the wire and free up an accessory plug.
    Thanks for any help.:)

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I hid mine under the headliner and down the A-pillar underneath the cover. That was the best way I could think of.

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. New GPS for Christmas. Started out with the GPS in the center of the windshield, kinda like my wifes (although hers was indash). Then someone mentioned putting it on the left side. I looked at that and said to myself, someone is just a bit smarter than me. Moved it yesterday to the left side by the drivers door, just above the vent. I like this. Closer and easier to reach. Now I have a cable problem. I think I will be crawling underneath the dash to find a way to move the power cable. Anyone else who already has solved this I would love to see some pics. thanks K:D

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    jamesglynn

jamesglynn [OP] James

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road, Dble Cab, Magnetic Gray
  5. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Hey thanks for the thread. Looks like a lot more effort than it's worth. I'm like you. Looking for a quick fix to hide the wire so that it's not so easily recognizable. I saw a post where the wires were run up the door post. K

Products Discussed in

To Top