1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID's**** What to buy and what to avoid?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LeadFootCaliKid, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Feb 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    LeadFootCaliKid

LeadFootCaliKid [OP] It's a work in progress.

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Temecula/North SD
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos UCA's, Icon coil-overs, Icon gas reservoir rear shocks, Eagle Alloy 17", Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17, Flowmaster 40, Kenwood deck, and dual 10" Kicker subs, shorty antenna. There's more...
    I upgraded my truck to HID's a couple years ago with a DDM's 55w kit in the headlights and their 35w kit in my fogs. Every year I've had to replace the bulbs because one goes out. I've got one out now and the other one looks discolored. Should I stay with DDM or would I be better off buying something different?

2. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    iroc409

iroc409 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    A red one
    You're best off going with halogens in your factory housings--really. Especially 55W, honestly?!

Try some Osram 70W/65W Rallye bulbs. Available at Candlepowerinc.com. For all but extreme range, they pretty much made my Lightforce 240's useless. You'll have better light output, it will be more uniform and where it needs to be, and you won't blind everyone else on the road.

My original set was in for over a year. I replaced them with newer ones, but only because I had them for free. I kept the old ones, they still work fine. All bulbs diminish over time until they burn out (including HID).

You can also look into the Philips Xtreme Power. You might be able to get them cheaper on eBay than the Osrams.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Get rid of DDM. Go with HID Direct there awesome and little more pricey than DDM but well worth it in the end. Call him hell help u out in picking what u want and ordering it.
    HIDDirect.com

4. Feb 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN Cpt. Bubbleguts

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD badged | Hunting Cage | Smoked Tails | LED Everything | Slim Cubby HID bi-xenon's | Spidertrax 1.25" | BHLM | FLM | S2000 Ant | 20% Shade | PL 8521 | OME 885 | Bilstein 5100's | Toytec 2" AAL | FN 18x9" Bronze BFD's | 275/65-18 Duratrac's | Wrinkle Red Valve Covers | 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Interior | Kode MB Push Button Ignition | Relentless Sliders | URD TCAI | Mr.Marv Enclosure | Arc Audio 10" | Hybrid Audio Clarus F/R | Alpine PDX-5 | Alpine INE-S920HD
    SlimCubby HID FTW.

5. Feb 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Have you had luck with yours? I'm looking to buy some HIDs as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top