1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High Idle and Truck Locks Automatically

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRDguy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    TRDguy

TRDguy [OP] Cruisen GA

Member:
    Marietta ,GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC SR5 TRD Sport
    K & N air filter, antenna X 13in., window tint, vent visors, bug guard, floor mats, door sill protectors, tonno-pro tri-fold tonneau cover, pop n lock tailgate lock, Truck Champ chrome Nerf Bars, LED lights in cupholder mod, tailgate hose clamp mod, stainless bull bar, 1 inch leveling kit, rear under the bumper LED's, Halo headlights.
    Hey everyone,

Got my new Taco about 3 weeks ago. Bought it used, but it's a 2010 with 12,500 miles. TRD Sport, very nice truck!

I have two questions for anyone who might be able to answer them.

1) When the truck is cold and started up it idles high in neutral. So when I shift from reverse to drive after backing out of my driveway, the truck jolts. Is this normal? Or is something wrong with my tranny or idling of the engine?

2) I will be outside washing my truck, so I unlock it so I can get in and out as I please. Within 2-3 minutes of unlocking it, it automatically locks itself again. During that 2-3 minutes I don't even have time to get in the truck to get or do what I want. Is this normal for a 2010 Taco. Maybe it's a safety feature.

I lied...I have one more question...

3) What the things called that keep the carpet floor mats in place. When I bought my truck, they were missing. I'm assuming it's a plastic or metal piece that fits in to the floor of the truck and locks in place keeping the mats from sliding. It's annoying right now as my mats slide everytime I get in the truck. I need some of those things.

thanks for your help!
    Duane
    (New '10 Taco TRD Sport owner)

2. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    if you unlock the doors and don't open one of them the truck will relock itself, it is to prevent you accidentally unlocking it. How high of an idle are we talking, mine idles probably around 1500 RPM, whe shifting into gear I just press a little harder on the brakes and the truck does not jolt. I would contact the dealer and ask them to give you the clips, I mean it is brand new.

Oh and welcome to the site :D

3. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    Falcon86

Falcon86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    Mine idles high while cold and it'll "jolt" a tad, but nothing severe.

Mine re-locks also. My wife's new Nissan does the same. I think it's more of a safety thing, sort of an auto-locking mechanism. I'm sure there's a way to disable it, I just don't know how.

I believe some Tacoma's came stock with no floor-mat anchors/pegs, and then they did a TSB for them later (I think same time as gas pedal) where they added them so they don't slip forward and end up under the pedals.

Being it's a 2010, you should be able to take it in under warranty and get this stuff checked out ,no?

4. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    TRDguy

TRDguy [OP] Cruisen GA

Member:
    Marietta ,GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC SR5 TRD Sport
    K & N air filter, antenna X 13in., window tint, vent visors, bug guard, floor mats, door sill protectors, tonno-pro tri-fold tonneau cover, pop n lock tailgate lock, Truck Champ chrome Nerf Bars, LED lights in cupholder mod, tailgate hose clamp mod, stainless bull bar, 1 inch leveling kit, rear under the bumper LED's, Halo headlights.
    Thank you for the responses guys. Looks like my idling is normal. So I'm not worried now. The locking system makes sense to me now! And I'm going to stop in and get some clips from my Toyota Dealership...sounds like they might be free or very cheap.
    Duane

Products Discussed in

To Top