1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hit Deer!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Armkb, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    Armkb

Armkb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB
    Bilstein 5100, OME 885X, LR UCA, ARB/EL095R, ES LCA Rack & Sway Bar Bushings, Yellow Wire Mod, ABS Switch, TPMS Mod, Scanguage, Toyota Bed Mat, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Extang Trifecta Cover, Fumoto Drain Valve
    Coming home Friday night from upstate in the adirondacks going southbound on the Taconic Parkway at dusk, a doe jumps out in front of me. I saw her cross the road 75-100 yards ahead so I slowed down expecting another to follow her. As I was just passing her she doubled back right in front of me. I hit her somewhat hard as I slowed down to about 35-45 MPH. I am amazed at how well the truck took the impact. I have no paint damage nor sheet metal damage. The passenger fender is a little out of wack but I think it will go back easily enough.The only damage is both headlight cases busted and a few small brackets behind the urethane bumper are bent up. Even the grill is fine, just one crack in the bottom mount. Really lucked out on this one!!
    Question. Were do I get the parts? Do I need to go to the dealer or are these parts also found in the aftermarket? Can I just get the headlight case or is it only sold as a complete unit with the lenses. My lenses are fine just the mounting brackets in the case are busted.:D

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    matt45648

matt45648 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Your probably dicked on the headlights. Sounds like a good time to get some black halos from ebay

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    you are going to pay out the ass for parts from the stealership. might as well order some headlights from ebay or find some in the f/s thread and do the bhlm :)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Armkb

Armkb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB
    Bilstein 5100, OME 885X, LR UCA, ARB/EL095R, ES LCA Rack & Sway Bar Bushings, Yellow Wire Mod, ABS Switch, TPMS Mod, Scanguage, Toyota Bed Mat, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Extang Trifecta Cover, Fumoto Drain Valve
    Already looking at the halos on E-Bay. My stockers had the smoked lenses.

Products Discussed in

To Top